1. kuanyin

kuanyin New Member

Pencilapp Website

Discussion in 'Self-Publishing' started by kuanyin, Jul 27, 2022.

I discovered this website a few ago. I wasn't aware of its existence. Anyway, I have just completed my manuscript for what would be my fourth publication and I was thinking about using this outlet.

Question. Are there any forumers here who have used or know of anybody who has used Pencilapp?

Thanks,
    Ian

2. SapereAude

SapereAude Contributor Contributor

Link, please?

3. SapereAude

I assume you are referring to this site ( https://thepencilapp.com/publish ) rather than to pencil.com, which is a teaching system.

They appear to be based in and oriented toward India.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2022
  4. kuanyin

kuanyin New Member

Yeah, they are based in India. I started the self-publish process and gave up after finding it impossible to set up the front cover. Impossible!

5. SapereAude

But ... but ... the web site says it's easy!

6. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

The standard of English on the website doesn't inspire me.

that aside it looks pretty much like any other aggregator - it probably won't be 100% free just free at point of use with circa 10% royalty sliced off... draft to digital are the big boy in the aggregator market...if you want to use an aggregator I'd go that way... but to be honest you can go direct to most major markets without too much hassle

7. Oskar Dickson

Oskar Dickson New Member

You can still self-publish without designing everything yourself. It's still considered self-publishing as long as you pay for it. Maybe you could learn how to design the cover yourself using some professional software. There are free resources out there for this type of thing. I'd recommend speaking to the printer that you plan to use. Sometimes they are happy to help!

8. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

It is indeed a good idea to use a designer if you don’t have strong design skills but I think the issue here was about uploading the cover

hardly any self publishers use printers these days it’s nearly all either e book or print on demand via KDP or Ingram Spark