1. Leigh Silvester

Leigh Silvester Member

people are strange

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Leigh Silvester, Dec 16, 2013.

Thats is why I like them.

Let's celebrate the strange people we know or have come across in our lives.

I'd like to offer up Steve (not his real name).

I knew Steve when I was at college. He was not at college but lived locally and I got to meet him via a girl who I was sharing a house with.

Steve was a very pretty slim boy with 'gorgeous' long hair. Turns out that he soon started borrowing clothes from the girl I was sharing with. I got to know him a little over the next few months. He was a very cagey shy lad.
    One night, while he was dressed in a cocktail skirt, he confided that he was saving up for a sex change (I wasn't massively surprised), and that he wanted to become a lesbian (that bit I was surprised at). I assumed he was pulling my leg.

Turns out that many years later I heard from a friend of a friend that 'Steve' had finally achieved his dream and was in a long term lesbian relationship.

Well done mate. I feel a right prat for having doubted you.

Anyone you want to celebrate?

2. Gallowglass

Gallowglass Contributor Contributor

One girl I know's a Satanist. Nice enough, really insecure about her religion and thinks people will judge her for it (was quite surprised when I, a firm Christian, didn't). Goes ghost-hunting, uses dowsing rods, magic, etc. Regularly talks to her 'guide angel' and 'guide demon.' Funnily enough she's got a really gritty and down-to-earth approach to life in general, it's just that she draws sigils in her spare time.

3. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

actually, i'm probably the weirdest person i've ever come across, in 3/4 of a century of being stuck on this planet!

which is why i titled the bio bits originally meant to become a saga-length autobiography [that will never be completed] 'a weird life'...

that said, in almost 6 decades i've been traveling all over this planet and living in many parts of it, i have certainly come in contact with many lower-tier weirdities...

4. stormr

stormr Member

Much like mammamia mentioned, i too am the strangest person I know. To most I seem quite normal, but I spend a gret deal of time thinking up some rather wierd stuff. On the plus side that helps me well with ideas for short stories.

5. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

One of the most damning insults I know is, "You are normal."

bhshravankumar likes this.
  6. Tharian

Tharian Member

The newest trend: calling yourself strange or 'awkward' in a glorifying manner, claiming some sort of position of distinction.

As I grow older I tend to use the train a lot more. You get to meet more people, and most of all, you get to know people. That one person that stands out, let's call it ''strange,'' offers a rare colour to the canvas that is your life.

But as I said before. You have the aforementioned and the genuine.

TessaT likes this.
  7. aimi_aiko

aimi_aiko New Member

Aye, weird ... unique, whatever you may have it, I find myself dug deep into this trait. Hell, I wear it proudly.

8. TessaT

TessaT Senior Member

The strangest person I'd say that I know is a man named 'Kay'. Went to elementary school and then high school with him, and he well liked with every group and all of the teachers, had good grades, was smart (both books and street), was good looking, and extremely talented in multiple areas.

He was athletic, and could skateboard really, really well. He also sang like an angel. He was given opportunities to pursue both of these hobbies/talents professionally, but rejected them both. Instead, he moved to a back water town in a state far away, and has yet to make anything of himself.

It's strange to me that someone with obvious talents would toss away opportunities to progress, but he seems perfectly happy now so... more power to him!

bhshravankumar likes this.
  9. TessaT

TessaT Senior Member

I used to think I was strange... now I just think that I'm fucked up. lol. Though, I think a lot of people still fall into that category.

10. bhshravankumar

bhshravankumar New Member

Really , if she is brave enough to go for ghost-hunting why she is insecure.

11. tep

tep New Member

^ Perhaps in case she is judged as being 'people are strange' lol.

The strangest people that i know are the ones that seem in total denial to any 'other' than what has been spoon fed to them; those that would only do what is assumed and do so without imagination or humour. The most non-strange are those that seem to try to piece together their existence and then through and beyond existence into manifesting their self into some form of function. The satanist, for me, would seem to fit into that category.

12. Duchess-Yukine-Suoh

Duchess-Yukine-Suoh Girl #21 Contributor

There's a girl in my school that's just really creepy.....