Pet Peeves

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Gigi_GNR, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Mercurial

Mercurial Contributor Contributor

I just cant stand ungrateful people.

I live in a very well-to-do suburb that's known for its citizens' high income. We have the best public school in the state, which I attend, and the best private in the state. We have a low crime rate, and children are able to stretch their childhood until they eventually are kicked from the nest. We have a semi-decent social setting and are only thirty minutes from the heart of city, where people can explore to their hearts' content. (My state's capital is known for its exploration of abandoned buildings and urban exploration.) We have enough restaurants and fast food joints to keep everyone happy, one of the best gyms within a 50 mile radius, and enough greenery to keep any environmentalist placated, etc...
    In fact, the county was listed in Time Magazine last year as the #1 county to raise a family in.
    The only problem could be that when the children finally do spread their wings, the real world could prove rather shocking.

And yet, of the 4000+ students I go to school with, the biggest complaint is that they hate this city.

...Why?
    Because it's cool to be negative of course. :rolleyes:

I guess you dont know what you've got until it's gone, but when Daddy can afford to buy you another Escalade after you totalled your BMW because your bleach blonde and plastic body was flying high, I dont think there's any room to complain.

2. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

^ Oh snap!! That just brought back the memories!

The high school I attended had a very divided demographic. You either came from this side of Wickham Road, or that side.

I came from the Toyota Corolla side, not the Bentley side.

My school was Pretty In Pink.

Yeah. Just like that.

3. Wreybies

People who listen with their mouths.

4. Mercurial

Mercurial Contributor Contributor

Yeah, we've got those two 'sides' too --Eastsiders and Westsiders. Eastsiders are more typical... the Westsiders are usually only children anathesiologist Jews. :D I'm an Eastsider, which means I dont have seven Juicy Couture purses for every day of the week and dont live in a mansion. :p But we Eastsiders are still extremely lucky!

I just figure if you've got to be a Negative Nelly, complain about something people wont roll their eyes at, right? :rolleyes:

5. Wreybies

IRS agents are the worst offenders.

6. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

Ugh, I hate people like that! People who complain about so much in their lives when they've got it all. Some people have to live outside in a freaking box and beg for food, and they have the decency to complain?

I also hate celebrities who have forgotten what made them famous--their fans. They get so big they think they can ignore everybody and act as they please.

One of the prime examples of both of those is one of my most hated people in the world: Miley Cyrus!

I hate that chick so much it isn't funny. She complains about being given her mom's hand-me-down car, which is actually pretty new and a great car, when some people don't even have cars. Who would have that audacity? And I don't buy the "She's a teenager, she makes mistakes pertaining to her fame and status" excuse either. It's called COMMON SENSE. Even if I was famous, I wouldn't park in a handicapped spot to walk a block to get ice cream, or pose nearly nude on the cover of Vanity Fair. If she had any common sense those mistakes wouldn't have been made. Just because someone is famous doesn't give them an excuse to royally screw up.

7. Gallowglass

Gallowglass Contributor Contributor

No, but it does give them a reason. I just hate celebrities in general.

The ones who sponsor charities, for example, and bring in experts to value their possessions to be sold at auction, with the money raised going to charity. They don't give any money away, which they could have done, sell nothing but a heap of junk, and demand that the experts pay them for the privilege.

Their fans are more annoying, though. 'Hey, have you seen the new film by X?' 'No.' 'It's brilliant.' 'Why?' 'I don't know.' 'Where's your sister?' 'She fancies the guy so she's gone to get an ear piercing whilst being beaten up by muggers so he notices here.' 'Should've just asked me...'

8. Gigi_GNR

Another reason could be that she's just plain stupid, and a brat to boot.

9. inkslinger

inkslinger Active Member

It's odd, but I really hate when people leave seconds remaining on the microwave. I feel like you're supposed to CLEAR OUT the amount of time left on a microwave once you're completely done using it. it's annoying to me to have to clear it out for you AND THEN start warming up my food. Unfortunately for me, I have to deal with this a lot, seeing as I share the microwave in my dorm with my roommate and the microwave at work is used by everyone.

MADNESS, I TELL YOU, MADNESS!!!

10. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

Oh my god, I HATE THAT!!!! Joel does it every time he uses the microwave, and sometimes it's all I can do to not bite his head off about it. How hard is it to hit clear? How hard???

11. Hsnodgrass

Hsnodgrass New Member

Sounds boring. Just kidding... kind of. For those kids who complain, tell them to go to central Phoenix if they want some action...

Another pet peeve of mine is ludicrously stereotypical pot-heads. They sit around and mutter "Dude, like, I'm so baked!" I get it. That's what a four foot bong will do to you. And that's the fifteenth time you've said it. After the fourth hit. I don't even smoke (anymore) and I could tell you that you're really baked. Unless there is a world record for "consecutive redundant and boring statements" maybe you should stop proclaiming your status to everyone around you. You're not "freeing my mind" by saying vague sentences and giggling. I just don't really like to "chill hella."

One more, people with outspoken musical opinions. It's cool man, I know my favorite band sucks. I know my second favorite bands first album was better. I know that band I don't really dig is revolutionary and pushing the boundaries of music. I guess I'm just not as hip as you.

12. Ragnar

Ragnar Member

I second this. Very well said man.

13. Lydia

Lydia Contributor Contributor

I hate people that leave red on their watermellon peels.

14. hiddennovelist

So true...

Welcome to my life with Joel. He has amazing taste in music, and mine is terrible...according to him. I love him to death, but it really gets under my skin when we're in my car and he either a. turns off my music or b. makes fun of it the entire drive. I get it, dude, we don't listen to the same music. But when I'm listening to your music, I don't say anything bad about it. I just listen to it. I would like the same respect. Having different tastes in music doesn't mean one person's preference is better than the other's. It just means they're different. /rant

Oh, and Lydia, Joel eats the entire rind. Weirds me out. But I can't eat watermelon, so maybe the rind is really good, and I'll just never know.

15. Lavarian

Lavarian Contributor Contributor

I don't really care if someone listens to music that I think is lame or talentless as long as they don't start talking about how amazing it is in an extremely pretentious way.
    Or, even worse, why the music I prefer is inferior to theirs.
    As a musician, it's usually pretty comical to listen to the reasons they (typically non-musicians) come up with. I think I could easily video tape the conversation and upload it to fail blog.

16. Rumpole40k

Rumpole40k Banned

Hehehe, Hey Tingles, next time he does that try this tried and true method. Wait for a red light, gently place your hand on his thigh, move to the inner thigh, and squeeze that skin like there is no tommorrow. My family calls that a "pig bite". Guaranteed to stop all complaints and jokes.

Yeah ... how long before Joel puts a hit out on me? ROTF

17. hiddennovelist

Haha don't worry, I don't give away my sources. As long as he doesn't decide to log on to the site and read up on stuff he's missed, you're golden. :p

And that sounds like it would hurt! I need to try that...

18. Rumpole40k

Rumpole40k Banned

Thank you for trying Rumpole Conflict Services. We know you have many options and ...........

19. Unit7

Unit7 Contributor Contributor

People who use the word 'Random' to describe something when they post it. Especially when the post is very much on topic or has something to do with the whats being discussed on the bored.

20. Gigi_GNR

One of my pet peeves is SHY PEOPLE. I can't stand them! Probably because I'm this outspoken social person who stands out. One of my parents' friends' kids is around my age, and he's so shy. it's incredibly annoying. I'm always talking to him, trying to break him out of his shell.

21. Wreybies

That was totally random. :rolleyes::D

22. Gigi_GNR

Another thing I hate? When people--namely my mother--keep asking me if I had anything to eat, and when I say no, heckle me to eat something even when I'm not hungry in the slightest and eating would be a waste of food.

23. SonnehLee

SonnehLee Contributor Contributor

When people sit on your bed telling you to wake up, even though you are awake, and just haven't gotten up yet. Then, when you just sit there, waiting for them to stop staring at you, they try to rip the covers off of you. :mad:

24. Gigi_GNR

!!!!! My family does that all the time!! My dad actually drags--physically drags--me by my feet out of bed, or jumps up and down on the bed, even when I'm already awake. So annoying! :mad:

25. hiddennovelist

My dad used to tickle us to wake us up. Not pleasant early in the morning, especially if you worked until like 3 AM like I used to do in high school.

Oh, and Gigi, my MIL forces food on me all the time, so I feel ya there. Drives me nuts.