1. TheArtfulWeber

TheArtfulWeber New Member

Commercials

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TheArtfulWeber, Apr 4, 2008.

Am I the only one who thinks commercials, especially for Target, are annoying?

2. (Mark)

(Mark) New Member

I'm getting really sick of commercials. It seems like shows get shorter and shorter while commercials take up more and more time. It's especially bad in baseball, because they put commercials in during each half inning.

3. TheArtfulWeber

That is one reason I enjoy PBS and public networks in general. Not being subjected to the trash they want you to spend money on is well worth it.

4. (Mark)

(Mark) New Member

I've gotten to the point where I just buy the show on DVD so I don't have to listen to anything but what I want to listen to.

5. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

Its true that shows are getting shorter and shorter, but its not because the commercials take more time, its because more time in the show is wasted on meaningless scenes and sequences (Have you watched any of the newer continuous Anime's? Naruto, Bleach? THey make the horribly drawn out scenes of DBZ look like HEAVEN).

I hate commercials too BTW. They alwasy come at the msot inoppurtune times.

6. soujiroseta

soujiroseta Contributor Contributor

you know that is so irritating. i...i could strangle someone when i see those bloody things coming on. man i hate commercials

7. ValianceInEnd

ValianceInEnd Active Member

Oh, ouch, that is so right. haha

Anyways, comercials can be pretty painful. Still, when you see a new one that's pretty funny you can't help put laugh even if it's taking away from the shows time. Yet when the play the same comercial 8 times during the same hour block, then it begins to wear thin. Oh well, how else are the stations going to make money?

8. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

Rivers adverts. Annoy the %^&$ outta me..... Some adds annoy me. But I like the Toyota bugger ads. There are some funny ones out there.

9. Neha

Neha Beyond Infinity. Contributor

At least they let yo enjoy half an inning in peace.....in cricket there's a commercial after every 6 balls, that is, after every over.

I wonder what you'd say if you watched any of Ekta Kapoor's serials.

As for adds in general.......I love watching them........they're so interesting, like this add of Airtel, where a girl talks to her DAD as he helps her draw a dolphin with the stars as dots......and the add where on his wedding a an is told to "play" with his wife, so he starts playing kabaddi.......lol.......and the Youngistan wala add............I lov them!

10. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

Commercials? Annoying? Are you joking? I love commercials!

11. TheArtfulWeber

even the commercials for products your don't care about?

12. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

Heh, sorry. I was being sarcastic. I actually can't stand commercials at all. :D

13. Oasis Writer

Oasis Writer Contributor Contributor

I don't watch TV, so I really don't mind them anymore, though when I did watch, I was an avid supporter of killing them.

14. JMStone

JMStone Member

hmm it depends. I'm a huge fan of several commercials- none of which I see on TV anymore. Those would be the Berries and Cream guy [for Starbursts], the singing bunny for Skittles, the Snickers commercial with the guy singing the "happy peanuts soar" song haha and old Slowsky commercials

and superbowl commercials-the rest can die =)

15. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

there used to be a commercial for a drink called Oasis over here years ago now. It had a Jamacan guy on a beach and he'd hold the drink, run at the screen and say "hey Aussie"

My father would change channels and when he thought it was over...the guy was running at the screen saying "hey aussie" again :p lol provided great amusement cause my father hated that add with a passion lol

16. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

There are some clever, funny commercials, although they aren't as funny a couple hundred plays later.

17. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

yeah exactly. I remember a really good one for some beer. It was a huge add lol the lyrics to it were hilarious and it was soooooo creative. It can be found on youtube. I love it

18. Neha

Neha Beyond Infinity. Contributor

lol, most o' the commercials are wonderful, even after watching them thousand times. What I hate are the brief serial glimses during the adds, they take away the fun of the commercials.

19. Slippery

Slippery New Member

Budd. Er? Weeeeiiiiise.

Seriously, I love commercials. I see them as miniature films, and they hold a fascination for me as a separate art form.