1. Ryan Elder

Ryan Elder Banned

Do the police have the right to enter under these circumstances?

Discussion in 'Research' started by Ryan Elder, Oct 7, 2016.

Basically in my story, the police are following one of the suspects of a criminal organization. They survey him from far away, as the suspect drives on the highway, out to a secluded spot of land. The suspect, digs up some things out of the ground, that he needed at the time, reburies the dug up hole and leaves.

After he leaves, the police go to see what is buried, and they find evidence videos of blood ins that the leader of the gang was using as blackmail, in case his gang members turn on him. A blood in, is when you have to spill the blood of another person as a test, to be accepted by the gang. But this leader character video recorded them all, for leverage on his members.

The police, having found the videos in the ground, were able to clearly identify the blood in victims. The leader made them easy to identify as intentional, in case any of his members turned on him.

So the police now have evidence against the suspect who dug into the same part of the ground, where his stash is kept, but they also have evidence on other members of the blood ins. However, the police do not know their names, they just have faces of the killers to match with their identified victims.

The police then keep on surveying the suspect and he meets up with other suspects from the recordings not too long after, the police have viewed them.

The police surveying the place, that the gang is in, recognizes the faces from the videos, as those people meet up and go into the same residence.

However, in my situation, the police do not a warrant yet, and do not have time to get one before all the people are going to leave the residence. In my research, I read that this evidence would be enough for probable cause, and the police can arrest them based on that, and then apply for a warrant after.

However, if they were to arrest them based on probable cause, would they have to wait for the gang members to come out and start leaving the residence, and then arrest them outside?

Or can the police just break into the police and announce that they are the police, and that they are under arrest based on that probable cause?

Either way works for my story, I am just wondering how the police would go about it in this case.

2. ChickenFreak

ChickenFreak Contributor Contributor

No. No. No. No. No. No.

GO BACK TO YOUR PREVIOUS THREAD! And I don't mean your previous thread today. I mean the last thread with all the wrangling. No more new threads. No. No. No.

You're starting again. This is your second thread today.

NO. This has to stop.

3. Ryan Elder

Ryan Elder Banned

Well I writing out the story now, and at the climax, and I was wondering how to go about writing this specific detail in the climax. I can write out either one, just wondering which one is better or makes more sense. It's nothing to get dramatic about, like it needs to stop, I was just politely asking what the procedure would be, for this detail to write.

4. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    There is a thing called google, and with it you can find archives of information that may have what you seek.
    Some of the work has to fall on your shoulders, we can't do it all for you, now can we?

5. ChickenFreak

ChickenFreak Contributor Contributor

I understand; you only want to start another several dozen threads. Or maybe another hundred. Or two hundred. You might stop by the time you get to four figures.

Don't care. Stop it. Just stop it.

Or start one thread, just one thread, "Ryan's Questions." Post everything there from now on. Then when I ignore you, and people that I'm not ignoring respond to you, I will see the thread title and I will know to ignore those posts. And the same for people who aren't ignoring me, when I'm foolish enough to respond--they'll know to ignore me when I respond to that thread

Stop it. Stop it. Stop it. Stop it. Stop it.

6. Ryan Elder

Ryan Elder Banned

Well I googled it and got two conflicting answers, so I thought I should get more opinions.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
  7. Iain Aschendale

Iain Aschendale Lying, dog-faced pony Marine Supporter Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Telemachus Sneezed
    So I googled "enter without a warrant probably cause" and got 15,200,000 results in 0.35 seconds. Assuming you used roughly the same search terms, do you honestly think that anyone on this board knows more than the other 15,199,999 results according to Google?

And what would you do if the two conflicting opinions you found on Google were each supported by two members, both alike in dignity, in fair Writing Forums, where we lay our scene?

Start another thread?

It's been hinted, suggested, alluded to, stated, and finally practically screamed that you need to do things for yourself, and that you, somewhere in your previous one hundred and eighty nine threads, that you have worn out your welcome with your inane questions that turn into battles where you refuse to follow, or even admit to comprehending, the advice given to you by well-meaning members of this board as you try to write your story by committee. Furthermore, if you bothered to look at who gives advice, it's generally new members who are just finding their way onto the board and have no idea who they're dealing with, which means that you're not even getting advice from the same committee week to week. And that's not even to mention the fact that, out of your last one hundred postings, I was only able to find three that you've made that were not either you starting a new thread, or commenting on your own threads.

You're a freeloader on the system here, and whatever it is you're pretending to write is going to have as much unity and purity as what washes down the drain at a trough urinal at a sporting event.

Just stop.

8. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

You could also ask your police contacts (if they existed outside your fervid imagination) , or you could refer to the various other threads where this question has already been answered, or you could use google , or ask on a police forum (if you'd joined any), or do some research from the many books already recomened to you ( which you havent bothered to buy) ,

Or you could just make some shit up and justfy it by saying "yeah but it happens in the last series of law and order"

quite - couldn't have put it better myself

Cave Troll and Iain Aschendale like this.
  9. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

if anyone new thinks we are being mean to ryan check out his posting history , for example , and thats just one page - there are 186 threads like this

ryan.png

Cave Troll and Iain Aschendale like this.
  10. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    @big soft moose "Ho-ly shit."

I didn't realize that this was becoming a pandemic.
    After doing the math this would be approx. to 3 posts
    a week since joining the forum.

(548 days/186 threads =3 posts a week approx.) This is based on join date and current date.
    Man that is a lot of threads. :p

11. thirdwind

thirdwind Member Contest Administrator Reviewer Contributor

At this point, my advice is to make up your own laws, and make the setting some alternate world.