Piercings?!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Torana, Aug 14, 2008.

1. starrynight89

starrynight89 New Member

I'm getting my nose pierced tomorrow! I got it done once but I had to remove it because it got infected. So, hopefully nothing like that happens this time.

2. FoxyMomma

FoxyMomma New Member

I have my ears pierced once. In high school, I pierced the cartildge on the top, but let it close up when it got infected.

I have 3 tattoos. A lion cub surrounded by lilacs on my shoulder, a sunflower and ladybug on one calf and a rose with "Cameron" under it. I'm getting a new tat for my bday with "Caden" under it. Haven't decided what to put over it yet. Maybe a butterfly or a hummingbird.

That corset thing gives me the shivers.

3. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Hey, I have an idea! Instead of a corset, what about a zipper?

:eek:

4. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

LOL Cogito. THat would be pretty damn awesome, now that you mention it! Hmmmm! I wonder.... lol!

Dan, as you know, I said I wouldn't do it... just yet! :p

Maia, I know what you are saying and it is something that has to be taken into consideration. But with anything my children wish to do in life, I will support them and make sure they are aware of all the consequences that follow their actions. If they are going to do something illegal, then I will put a stop to it if I can. But I will always encourage my children to be individuals and not do what other people do because they think that it is the 'cool' thing to do.

Freshmaker, that would look awesome, down the legs. I've seenit on the arms, the neck, the rib cage, chest, but never the legs.

Gannon, the pentagram looks awesome. I saw an image of it and it really did look awesome. Not my thing though.

ANd I know that it can only be for a week and possibly permanent. I looked right into it. I'd only want it for a week though. I'd probably get sick of it catching on all my clothing in the end. :)

5. FoxyMomma

FoxyMomma New Member

OUCH!!!!!!!

6. Cogito

You don't have to run the rings down THAT far! ;)

7. Torana

LOL Cogito! :p

8. Eoz Eanj

Eoz Eanj Contributor Contributor

torana i'm hoping you have a high pain threshold considering it's illegal to do corsetting using anaesthetic and well, i can only imagine that you haven't much fat on your back to help you out.

9. Eoz Eanj

Eoz Eanj Contributor Contributor

and as for me, i don't have any piercings or tattoos because of my insanely sensitive skin

10. Torana

pain just lets you know that you are truly alive! :p

I have a high pain tolerance. After the horse riding accident, I learnt to deal with pain rather well. And I am sure it can't hurt anymore than having a mole removed without anaesthetic.

11. lessa

lessa New Member

Years ago when girls were getting their ears pierced with an embroidery needle and ice cube I had my ears pierced. But I was allergic to all the ear rings I tried so let them grow over. Had it done professionally when the boys came along so they had a supply of not too expensive mothers day gifts. Still had sensitive ears so I took up collecting mugs instead.
    Got 200 mugs and no ear rings now.
    Other body parts I just can't see. I get shivers seeing them in lips noses and eye brows.
    Tatoo's are also out for me.
    I see young teenage girls with them on their stomachs and just think of what those cute butter flies will look like after 2 babies.

12. Cogito

What botherth me ith the<click> tongue pierthingth. Itth hard enough <click>to get motht teenth to enunthiate without adding another thpeech impediment<click>.

13. Torana

LOL! I could never get my tongue done. The mouth has so much bacteria in it, you have to be really careful and it is so easy to damage your teeth with a tongue piercing.

14. The Freshmaker

The Freshmaker <insert obscure pop culture reference> Contributor

Oh god. I worked in a place this summer that did body piercings. I couldn't believe how many people wanted to get their tongues done! That grosses me out.

It was the one piercing we always charged more for, because our piercer didn't like to do it. Also, he wouldn't do it for anyone underage, even if they had their parents with them. It has the highest risk of complications. And, like Torana said, it can screw up your teeth.

15. inkslinger

inkslinger Active Member

I think 85% of piercings look stupid. They seem pointless.....

I only have my ears pierced, one on each, and it's going to stay at just that.

16. bringmethehorizonx

bringmethehorizonx New Member

I'm getting my right ear pierced in two places in three days.
    xP