1. ToBeInspired

ToBeInspired Senior Member

KDP Kindle Unlimited June Royalty Change Policy

Discussion in 'Electronic Publishing' started by ToBeInspired, Jan 26, 2017.

Edit :| Oops, in a mountain cabin where my only access to Internet is my spotty 3G network. My 2nd Google search result started with the headline but slow loading led to not seeing a time stamp. Disclaimer, I haven't published anything with KU as of yet.

Still, have questions about the exclusive right and where to find data on the KU monthly pools.

1) Does the exclusive rights include items pertaining to the e-book as well? For instance a graphic novel of the book offered on a personal site? What about translations or other various versions of the book in KU?

2) What are the rules about withdrawing from the program? Do you lose the ability to withdraw exclusive rights after a certain period of time? Can you still withdraw after 90 days? If you withdraw a book could you put it back in, resetting the 90 days, though most likely losing visibility?

3) Does putting the first book of a series virtually equate to committing the entire series? Has anyone committed a series to KU and another series on other platforms? If so, would you mind sharing the results.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
  2. BayView

BayView Huh. Interesting. Contributor

Is this an old post? They've been paying by the page for some time now... and I think KU has always required exclusivity for the 90-day period...?

3. ToBeInspired

ToBeInspired Senior Member

Sorry, I'm getting my Walden on and the best I have is shoddy 3G currently. While it's helped with a constructing a storyline and mapped out many aspects it has led me to rush through the articles pertaining to KU.

My 2nd Google search result started with the June change title, but in my caution with conserving data I skipped over the time stamp and the headline, after a long waiting period, stuck with me.

I now realize that was in 2015. Oops.

Anyway, edited my post.

BayView likes this.