Tags:
  1. Sid Grey

Sid Grey New Member

Spreadsheet of YA lit agents?

Discussion in 'Agent Discussion' started by Sid Grey, May 18, 2020.

Can someone please tell me how or send me a spreadsheet with all the YA lit agents and their email addresses for querying? thank you!

2. The Piper

The Piper Contributor Contributor

I don't have a spreadsheet and I've never looked into YA agents, but you can browse by genre on querytracker.net and I've found that quite useful before when I wanted to narrow down my search to just horror or historical agents. Once you've narrowed it down it'll give you an alphabetical list and provides websites/emails etc. Long time since I set up my account but I think it's fairly painless. Worth a look!

3. Sid Grey

Sid Grey New Member

thank you - is there any way to compile it into a spreadsheet easily?

4. Medazza

Medazza Active Member

This isn’t an easy task. I’ve spent hours and hours compiling lists of SF agents for my own submissions. You need to do more than have a list or you’ll get nowhere. You need to check agents own requirements for submissions, check they are open etc. Do it in batches of 10 and you’ll find it more manageable.
    In the UK I bought the Writers and Artists yearbook which has lots of details for agents

HeathBar likes this.
  5. HeathBar

HeathBar Active Member

Ditto. I've been working on a list for awhile. It takes a long time to find the agencies, pinpoint who you think is the right agent, confirm they're open, document submission requirements, etc. There are helpful tools (QueryTracker and various online sources), but I find you have to look in more than one place to get good info. I also like to see if I can find interviews with the agents, tweets, etc., to get more insight into what they might like.

Very helpful. I'm working with a list of about 30 and was contemplating strategy. I have three out currently and was thinking about how to batch them. Was thinking about sending ~8 every two weeks.

Medazza likes this.