Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Plagiarism

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Wreybies, Jan 17, 2019.

Oh, 2019, how like your brother 2018 you are proving to be...

And that's not a compliment.

It goes like this:

It's not possible - obviously - for any one person to be aware of every bit of source material that can serve as the fount for a subsequent bit of plagiarism. But when the evidence is presented, made clear and known, then, as writers, we are all aware of the grave nature of that transgression.

Now, the classically human reaction to the invocation of topics of this kind is for everyone to make haste to the midpoint, that fuzzy zone between 11:55 am and 12:05 pm, and busily squabble, make protestations, claims, theories, and of course the inevitable furious flurry of virtue signals as to whether it's still morning or now afternoon.

I am not going to entertain that faff. If you are that close to the argumentative midpoint, then you are too close by a mile to the danger zone.

So, for all of you who enjoy the thrill of walking the cliff's edge, know that I am gloriously uninterested in your rescue. If you fall, you fall, and you were a fool for falling given that there is an entire continent of land in the other direction you could have traversed, and no amount of "I didn't think I was close enough to fall" is going to stop you from engaging the full end effect of terminal velocity and what happens when you reach the bottom.

Responses are not open in this thread. It is not a discussion. It is a statement of a fact.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.