1. Jane with dyslexic flag

Jane with dyslexic flag Member

plot decision stuck

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Jane with dyslexic flag, Apr 3, 2017.

I don't know what to choose to do for these characters that are support characters there just is too many options.

In what I could do and what happens to them and how they react would/could affect my main or other important characters.

Important things to know are there is a strange living alien like portal rock in a cave.

Its giving my main characters powers: but it can do other things as well things it can do then it is touched are:

(The portal alien rock can in sense, grab on to a person once it is touched and suck them in.)

1. It can give people abilities (after they get a fever) and it takes around 24 hours for powers to manifest

2. Sucks people into it and its unknown what happens to them (until book 3)

3. Some who touch it get possessed by evil warriors/phantom like people/creatures which take 15hours (& the host gets a fever) to actually possess them and they pretend to be their human hosts (their goals are secret)

4. Some don't survive the fever the portal give people and dies, while others survive but lose some memories as a result but don’t get powers or possessed by phantoms

The portal is actually like a sentient being from another world, that another world creates it/ the portals.

That world is alive essentially and is in trouble like its sick and it is trying to create beings to help it so that’s why the portal giving others powers to those to touch it and why it trying to

suck people in to take them to that world.

However not all people can be power germinated or survive the process.

And the phantoms/one of the other world's people know that their world is in trouble possibly dying & are using the portal to abandon ship if you will but are not able to transport their bodies they inhabit so they have to possess humans.

The phantoms are very intelligent, evil warrior power hungry types who enhance their host bodies with speed and strength and could kill regular humans easily and they can be quite bloodthirsty but first and foremost power is the thing they value and have certain agendas what would not be good should they be realized.
    However many those who touch the portal escape the portal's grasp and just think mostly it’s something alien and magical.

The phantoms don't play so much of a big part in book 1 only bits and pieces it is more about meeting other powered humans and having to deal with the greed and power hungry humans rich, corrupt, criminals and different agencies who want to get their hands on the powered people.

I plan to get more in depth about the phantoms in book 2.

Then in book 3 I plan to possibly send some of my main cast to the phantom's world to learn about it and maybe help it and meet those humans whom were abducted by the portals.

So basically I don't intent for my readers to know about the other world, what the portals really are and their true purpose is until around the end of book 2.
    And the reason for the other world to choose humans is because the planet's people and creatures are not compatible to be able to receive the abilities which for some reason humans can.

So there a party is in the cave and everyone is infected by the portal.

So about around 40 teens who get infected and one sucked in to it, all others escape and get out of the cave and someone calls the cops.

The two cops arrive finding the teenagers outside the cave and sent the kids off to the hospital because they are spouting crazy stuff/ and are obviously freaked out.
    But because they were told someone was still in there (even though they are told the teen was sucked away into a rock) they went to investigate the cave.

What do I do with the two cops?

A) Make both disappear and make which makes the other cops and the

government people and other agencies become interested about the portal and those who have might obtained powers.

(Some agencies and secret government sectors know about those with powers/ abilities a couple have many few under their employ and there are other portals and people who were infected by the portals around the world, who keep it all top secret, keep that in mind)

b) . make one of the cops disappear/sucked through the portal and have the other witness it and no adult or authority believes him and he tries to investigate and tries to discover the teens secrets (that they have powers) or what they know, and have agencies come later so the kids have some bit of time to learn, understand and practice their powers

c)make them both get fevers and die, or have one dies while the other only gets some memory loss but cause his partner dies suspiciously the one who lives goes around investigating what happened and goes all conspiracy theorist but no-one believe something supernatural is going on

d) Have one of the cops become either powered so he would try to hide that for his partner.

Or get possessed and then have other cop is suspicious of his partner decides to investigate that partner, while the powered or possessed partner is trying to learn more about what the kids are up to, hounding them, and the agencies come in a bit later.

WHICH OUT OF ANY OF THESE SOUNDS BEST? I am stuck and can't decide.

Can’t wait hear your opinions [​IMG]

(I hopeful explain better this time)