Tags:
  1. brown81

brown81 Banned

Plot Fill In

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by brown81, Apr 10, 2018.

I'm currently working on a story about a girl who is on the run from her abusive father- who happens to be connected with a powerful crime organization.
    Girl ends up hiding out in a restaurant where a "meeting" is being held by the male character. She's found and is offered a job and place to stay by the male character (who happens to be a rival of girls father). The male character is not aware of her identity.
    I've gotten to the point where the girl's identity is revealed. And I have come to a stop.
    Personally, I think the male character would hand her back over to her father but may regret it later. How does he come to terms with the guilt? How does he get her back and still have his reputation? Should he have ever let her go? How can this all be resolved without a war?

2. izzybot

izzybot (unspecified) Contributor

Could he pretend that he never found out who she is?

3. brown81

brown81 Banned

True. But if he loves her how would he get her back from a man that is an enemy?

What I mean about this scenario: he doesn't "know" her so he returns her. But then he goes back later and asks for her back because he loves her. I wonder if the father would feel played.

4. izzybot

izzybot (unspecified) Contributor

Well, my thought is "via a bloodbath if necessary," but that may not be your style ...

What I meant though was that he wouldn't have to hand her over in the first place if he acted like her identity never came out. But I was assuming that only he found out about it -- if it was a more public thing then I suppose that's not an option.

Maybe he could try to broker peace with his enemy in the name of love, Romeo & Juliet style (tragic ending optional).

5. brown81

brown81 Banned

6. Kalisto

Kalisto Senior Member

Make her the reason why the war will not start. If you're having a crime war that is threatening to hurt people, then the father might offer to talk peace if he gets his daughter back. Even a crime lord has to think about the people under him and his organization.

brown81 and Simpson17866 like this.