1. Kevin Teichman

Kevin Teichman Active Member

Plot for a Welsh story with Game of Thrones Character

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Kevin Teichman, Sep 3, 2019.

I love Wales, the Welsh culture, and language. All of that plus the scenery of Snowdonia.

So I want to write a Welsh story that takes place in rural Wales, but I have NO idea what the plot should be. The elements I want in the story

- Welsh scenery and cottages

- Ramsay Bolton and Ser Alliser from Game of Thrones as the two main characters (both are Welshmen in real life). Ramsay would not be sadistic in this story.

- Some kind of influence from Led Zeppelin, if possible. As a die hard fan of LZ, I discovered there is a cottage in Wales named Bron Yr Aur where they wrote some notable songs. If its feasible, I would like to somehow include some influence of LZ in the story, perhaps a Robert Plant appearance?

- I've thought about having myself in the story as a character as well

- I am not sure what era/time frame the story should take place in, but there will be no contact or mention of any modern cities or technology.

And this is where it ends. I'm thinking I want the story to be Game-of-Thrones like, but I have no idea what the plot will be.

All ideas and input would be much appreciated.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
  2. Homer Potvin

Homer Potvin A tombstone hand and a graveyard mind Staff Supporter Contributor

You mean the real Ramsay Bolton and Led Zepplin? Like fan fiction, but in real world Wales? That's easy... Ramsay Bolton and Robert Plant are star-crossed roommates who work in a Welsh sewage treatment plant and have to navigate the travails of modern life together.

The Piper likes this.
  3. Kevin Teichman

Yes, fan fiction in Wales. How about this - Ramsay or Alliser takes the lead and tries to become the first King of Wales since Gruffydd ap Llwelyn. There is conflict between both sides, Ramsay & Alliser and the invading Scottish party that is trying to take over. In turn, there is some political drama but quite a few skirmishes that take place on the hills of North Wales.

To incorporate Welsh cottages - much of the dialogue takes place in cottages and occasionally in a castle.

And to include scenery - describing the surrounding area briefly but vividly when Ramsay is travelling across the country. This will only happen when something of importance is set to occur during the travel.

In the end, either Alliser or Ramsay will be victorious in being able to politically unite Wales and be the first King since 1063.

4. Homer Potvin

Homer Potvin A tombstone hand and a graveyard mind Staff Supporter Contributor

I like my idea better, but it's your show. Sounds pretty whacky either way. Should be fun to write, though I'm confused as to why you would include Ramsay if he's not going to potrayed as a psycho... that's kind of his thing.

5. Iain Aschendale

Iain Aschendale Lying, dog-faced pony Marine Supporter Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Telemachus Sneezed
    Yup

[​IMG]

Homer Potvin likes this.
  6. frigocc

frigocc Contributor Contributor

Make sure to make Plant a thief in your story to further reflect real life. Perhaps a Steve Marriott or Muddy Waters appearance to boot.

7. Kevin Teichman

How is Plant a thief?

8. frigocc

frigocc Contributor Contributor

Look up You Need Loving by Steve Marriott. Keep On Knockin by Little Richard, and tons of others. They were thieves, but badass thieves that made their stolen music a million times better.

9. Kevin Teichman

Well he’s an idol to me.

How would you say I can make this story work?