1. Fitz101

Fitz101 New Member

Plot Idea I've been working on for a while.

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Fitz101, Dec 14, 2008.

So this story has been growing in my head and on paper for the last five years and I wanted to get some advice and feedback on the general plot from some people Let me know what you think please. :)

Its September 1997. The LAPD have lost tens of billions in a police corruption case. Jobs are being lost all over the force and Homicide Special Lieutenant Burke worries he will be next.

Burke is contacted by CIA Deputy Director Simmons and his shadowy lead field officer Harris with a proposal. If Burke can put together a team to help the CIA track down a professional assassin within the LAPD then they will guarantee he can keep his job. The assassin in question is a former CIA field agent who went rogue and is believed to have recently been contracted by a Billionaire Pharmaceutical CEO to assassinate the President of the United States at a summit in L.A. next month.

To track him down Burke must reopen a two year old cold case involving the assassin in question, the murder of the wife and son of a detective named Masen. The murders were believed to have been contracted in response to Masen shooting dead the CEO's cousin in self defence during a homicide investigation. Masen is now a drunk, depressed man with a cocaine addiction looking for revenge.

Things are complicated however when one of the detectives working the new case is murdered and it becomes clear that the CIA have a hidden agenda. Eventually Burke, Masen Simmons and Harris are caught in a deadly game of survival when they realise the assassin walks amongst the detectives on the case, and must dodge danger to themselves whilst solving the murders to prevent an even higher bodycount. But why is this all resurfacing now? Who is the mystery assassin and what is his agenda? And why are the CIA really interested?

Any thoughts appreciated...

Fitzy. Xx

2. Fitz101

Fitz101 New Member

Oh yeah, also first chapter is up in seven parts on my blog - only a rough draft but have a look if you want...

3. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

A story concept means nothing. I can tell you now, it has been done before. What matters is how you write it, the characterization, the flow, the imagery, all of it.

There's no point to asking what other people think of the concept! They'll either say,"Sounds great," or, "it sounds like a ripoff of..."

If the idea stirs you, write it. Then ask people what they think of the final story. After they tell you what they don't like about it, revise it, usually several times, until you're happy with it or until you throw up your hands and say the hell with it.

Please read this thread about What is Plot Creation and Development?

(and yes, this is a template post, which should give you an idea of how often this comes up.)

4. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

ditto that!