1. Aceldama

Aceldama free servant Contributor

Currently Reading::
    The bible

Poetry direction.

Discussion in 'Traditional Publishing' started by Aceldama, Sep 28, 2020.

Does anyone have any knowledge of any traditional publishers that actively review and publish poetry? I've had this collection for a few years now and I'd like to spend more time looking into getting it into print.

I have researched before and am going to continue to look into it. This being part of that research. Thanks a ton. ✌

2. Mana_Kawena

Mana_Kawena Member

In terms of traditional publishers (I am assuming you are looking to publish a book of poetry) I would say your best bet would be to walk into a bookstore and head to the poetry book section, and take a look at the books on the shelf to see what kinds of publishers are putting out books, as well as to get an idea of what sort of poetry is being traditionally published these days. Submit your poetry to the acquisitions editors/imprints (or look for an agent who specializes in poetry) who fit your genre and/or type of poetry and just go from there. It's rather difficult to say who to submit to without knowing what's in your collection, since publishers all have their own type of writing they go for, so the best would be to just find something similar to what you are writing and follow in their footsteps at this early of a stage of looking.

Best wishes!

Aceldama likes this.
  3. Selbbin

Selbbin The Moderating Cat Staff Contributor Contest Winner 2023

Look at the publishers of the poetry books you buy to get a start on which may be a good choice to approach. And then as suggested, check out similar genre books in the bookstore to see which publishers print similar content.

Aceldama likes this.