1. Birch

Birch Member

Critiques and Posts

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Birch, Jan 19, 2018.

I have a question about the 20 posts and the 2 critiques I have to write before posting my own work. Will someone read all my posts to determine, which is deamed a critique, or do normal posts and critiques have to be marked as such somehow?
    And how do I make sure my own work won't be plagiarized?
    Thank you for your help.

2. Komposten

Komposten Insanitary pile of rotten fruit Contributor

For your first question, it doesn't matter too much what kind your first 20 posts are. The important part is that you partake in discussions (in any part of the forum, whether it is here, in any of the Writing-related sub-forums, or in The Lounge). The 2 critiques you have to write (2 for every 1 WIPs you want to post) must be some kind of critique, although we don't expect every member to be a master critic. (Posts like "It was good!" or "I liked the main character." do not count as critique.)

Regarding plagiarisation, you own the copyright for every work you post on the forum (although you give some limited rights to the forum, as is outlined in the Forum Rules). In general, I would say that it is unlikely that someone would steal the content you post here (the site is password-protected, although anyone can of course create an account, and there is little top-quality work around as it is a Workshop and not a publishing site). However, I would suggest against posting WIPs (or larger parts thereof) that you want to publish in the future as our Workshop potentially could be seen as a kind of publishing (there is a long discussion on this, see here: https://www.writingforums.org/faq/does-the-workshop-harm-my-chances-of-being-published.101/).

3. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

The word is plagiarism :D

Komposten likes this.
  4. jim onion

jim onion New Member

The word is plagiarism :D

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
    Komposten and CoyoteKing like this.
  5. Birch

Birch Member

Thank you

Komposten likes this.
  6. Komposten

Komposten Insanitary pile of rotten fruit Contributor

My browser highlighted it as misspelled but it couldn't correct it, so I took the lazy route and left it there... :bigoops:

Catrin Lewis likes this.