1. Viserion

Viserion Senior Member

Police Response/National Guard

Discussion in 'Research' started by Viserion, Sep 24, 2020.

In a project I'm working on, a character begins a rampage with his telekinetic powers. The story takes place 40 years after a similar incident with a much weaker telekinetic, but there was no other. As a result, although the police and general population believes in TK, there's little in the way of real preparation for another incident.

My question is this: How would the police of a major city react to this character? Would they attempt to negotiate with him (he's visibly injured, and at first doesn't cause severe destruction), or jump to calling in the National Guard? And how would the Guard get onto the scene (assuming there's a base nearby)?

I'll clarify anything if you want.

2. J.T. Woody

J.T. Woody Book Witch Contributor

State governors mobilize NG for emergencies that police cant handle. For example, national disasters (hurricane Katrina), and civil unrest (most recently, riots).
    There have been incidents where NG have been deployed to maintain peace, like when schools were being integrated, they stood as barriers so that white people wouldnt attack black students integrating into schools.

If the character reacted violently, police would go through chain of authority... Local police, local SWAT, FBI, then if they cant handle it, military intervention.

Im comparing a character with powers to a gun murder rampage, btw. When the Uber driver went on a murder spree, local police reaponded. When the DC Sniper when on a murder spree, FBI and state police went onna manhunt. In those events, there was no military involvement.

My husband is National Guard but has only been deployed for the riots.

Iain Aschendale likes this.