Portals in time

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Dagolas, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

Taliza

Taliza's friendly chuckle once again fillled the minds of her companions as the food-named human, Pickles, and Jefferson argued about herself and the wolf. "Gentlemen." She spoke into their minds intterupting their disagreement. "It is true, Jefferson, that I am an upstanding member of my race." She said bringing her head to thier eye level. "In fact I am one of the few who believe humans are smarter than they appear. However, you are wise to be cautious when facing a creature whose strength you do not know. As for you...Pickels..." She hesitated at his name as if she were still trying to figure out why a human would be named after a veggitable, "I wouldn't call us...people. For people implies we are simply human. We are sentient creatures, not humans."
    Taliza raised her head, her eyes following Hector as he began walking to the camp. "Also, I don't eat humans. However, I can not vouch for Midnight." Her chuckle once again entered their minds as she turned to follow Hector, hopefully to another orb that would send her home.

2. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

Pickles nodded "I apologize for calling you a person Miss Talzia." He said sincerely. "I just consider everyone a person of somekind or another. But I will respect your wishes and call you dragon milady." He bowed. Pickles thought he had made a mistake. Well a bigger mistake then he actually had.

3. Texan Gandhi

Texan Gandhi New Member

Tulbuk, the Mountain of the North

Tulbuk paused, wondering what this shiny blue orb thing was. It not here when I sleep, but here when I wake. Maybe...alarm clock?

Tulbuk paused again, thinking. Alarm clocks...ring? Maybe I wait for it to ring? Tulbuk looked at the orb. It was shiny, blue, floating in the air for no good reason. Maybe it has legs, maybe I just don't see them...this is a strange alarm clock...

Tulbuk paused, then turned from his cave and grabbed his helmet. A masterfully crafted full helm with two steel horns coming out and then forward, shaped like a bull. Tulbuk grabbed one of the horns, the perfect length to fit nicely in his hand, and then plopped it on his head. He stood there, looking through the eye holes of the helm at the blue orb. Still alarm clock. Well, I guess it here to stay...

Tulbuk paused, took his helmet off his head and walked outside carrying in one of his massive hands. He took great pains to make sure it didn't scrape along the ground, as his arms almost reached his stubby legs' knees. No scratches on helm. Tulbuk paused, looking outside of his mountain cave, off towards the vista of snowy peaked mountains, the rolling hills and great brown rocks of the mountain. Beauty at finest.

Tulbuk turned around, and saw the blue orb was much closer to him than before. Wait, it not closer, it coming closer...alarm clock DOES have legs!

And then the blue orb touched him.

Tulbuk's world became dark, dank, and wet in an instant. Startled, Tulbuk crashed about, finding himself in a cage, though with his startled twitches the thing burst apart, metal and iron rent with the powerfully lent unbreakable rocks that were Tulbuk's fists. Tulbuk tumbled from his shallow perch, rolling across the ground. Tulbuk groaned, finding that being smacked across an incredibly tensile ground an unpleasent experience for his skull.

Where am I? What...alarm clock?

Tulbuk paused, seeing the same blue orb as before, floating (standing?) just a few feet away from his face. Tulbuk paused, then stood up. "Alarm clock...you make this? This...you?"

The orb did not emit a vocalized responce, but as though answering Tulbuk's question, it neared him again. Oh, maybe it change when it touch me. I bet touching me again will mean my cave. Blanket on alarm clock after that, then.

The orb touched Tulbuk.

Tulbuk once again experienced a falling sensation. I can't fall in my cave...

Tulbuk hit the ground, the feeling akin to some god slapping him across his back. God not happy with me...stupid clock.

Tulbuk rolled over, the immense, crushing pain of falling a story or two onto his back pushed to the edge of his mind. Trees? This is not cave...oh silly clock. Tulbuk smiled. Clock must be dumb, not know what cave is. I need make school for clocks. Clockschool. Circle-seats and everything... Tulbuk looked around, but didn't see a clock. Where it go? Tulbuk heard loud cracks, but rapid and constant for a few seconds. A few shouts and a yell.

Tulbuk looked through the trees to see a man in a clearing, standing before Tulbuk's clock. The man pulled out a thing-a-ma-jig and then the clock exploded. No more clock. Well, clock was dumb anyway. People though, thought Tulbuk, as he got closer.

Tulbuk hunched down, sneakily hiding between a thicket of bushes and trees along the edge of the clearing. People, dragon, wolf, thought Tulbuk. He paused, rubbing his chin. He watched as they bickered, wondering what they were saying, and, oddly enough, he kind of just knew what was being said when the dragon or wolf...talked. He wasn't sure how he knew that. Maybe I am genius? Orb make me smart? Tulbuk pondered these questions further, grabbing a part of the bush he was hiding behind and stuffed it into his mouth.

Mmmm...this bush good, he thought, munching slowly, the twigs snapping noisily. Tulbuk paused, and then sat back with a great thump onto his rump. This bush IS good. People can wait, bush cannot.

And so Tulbuk sat down, noisily devouring the bushes in front of him, the only cover between him and the group in the clearing. The only coherent thoughts in Tulbuk's mind were simple feelings of joy and ecstacy as he jovially munched on the fauna.

4. Love to Write

Taliza

Taliza's purple head reared and her nostrils flared as she suddenly caught wiff of a familiar scent. A very unpleasent familiar scent. "Troll." She turned her large body more quickly then one would have thought possible. Sure enough. There was a troll sitting in the grass munching on a shrub. He was massive. Even sitting down he reached her shoulders. It was not just any Troll, however, but Tulbuck. A creature she had met the first time she had been pulled from her world. Though that had been years ago. "Tulbuk."
    Taliza said walking closer. She wondered if he remembered her. He had appeared to be...well, very simple, years ago. Not very smart. "I see you still smell...like a troll. I did not expect to see you again."

5. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

Jefferson

The bushes were rustling, and there was a large creature that looked a lot like a troll.

"So where did you come from? Lord of the Strings?" He asked, making reference to the epic trilogy by J.R.R. Folkien from his world. "Or did we suddenly appear there?" He wondered. Then dismissed the idea and settled on the simple explanation that there was no explanation and that he should just shut up before people figured out that he was just a whiny loser.

6. Dagolas

Dagolas Banned

"Come on now!" shouted Hector, who was quite a distance away. They walked for a while until they arrived in a small area. "Be careful, here weapons ARE authorized." he said.
    Suddenly, hooded assasins jumped off the trees wielding sword. "Brace yourselfs!" he yelled, drawing his gun.

7. Pheonix

Jefferson

Hooded assassins jumped out of the trees and Hector pulled a gun. "The hell is going on here." Grumbled Jefferson before crouching and touching his hands to the ground. A crack opened up under one of the assassins and he fell into a pit. Then Jefferson did another transmutation and was holding a spear, which he threw at another assassin.

"Feel the confused and disoriented wrath of Jefferson Rose!" He cried.

8. cmshepard

cmshepard New Member

Her eyes fluttered open upon a bed of her own fiery hair, the unnatural sleep making no haste to leave her. A bed of thick air pooled beneath her body, effectively making a shield between her and the grimy floor of the cage.

She rose with a grace absent the human race; her feet never touched the floor. She walked on the pad of air she had created, her dark blue pools of eyes searching the dimness and her pointed ears twitching against the drone of the alarm.

What is this noise? What is this place?

She sent the fingers of her mind throughout the building but felt no souls, only a hole in reality some distance away. Feeling the portal was her only means of finding other beings, she touched a delicate hand to the bars of the cage and reached to the center of the planet with her mind. In seconds the heat from her magick distorted the air and soon one bar simply melted as if it were a candle.

She smoothed a dainty hand through her curly locks wondering where she was. This was not her kingdom of Sprie, nor was it her world of Floran. Her family was certainly not here, one whiff of air through her slightly upturned nose told her that. The death on this planet was overwhelming, unnatural. Feeling that now was the time to leave her cage, she proceeded through the bars and past the blaring alarm. The flashing lights bore a harshness that she had only heard of in stories of warning, stories of places unfamiliar to the living of her kind.

She pondered the orb only momentarily before reaching out to the only familiar thing in this land. The fall was expected, and she landed on her cushion of air, bare feet missing the grass by scant inches. She took in the outside and drank in the scent of nature, pearly teeth glinting in the sun. This was something she needed - the sunlight and grass, fresh air and nature's song. Her toes found the grass and she proceeded up the pathway.

Not long after she stopped, crouching. She saw a dragon, one creature with which she was familiar. Trolls, humans, and wolf-people she'd only heard of. They were the things of legend. They were unknown. They were being attacked.

9. Love to Write

Taliza

Taliza was ammused by the humans trying to attack. Why they would attempt such a thing around a dragon was beyond her. Taliza took in a deep breath and released it along with a torrent of flames lighting up the trees that any more attacking humans might be hiding in. One of the assassians let out a breif scream as he was engulfed by the dragon fire.

10. Kingtype

Pickles took quick action, but he couldn't help but giggle a little at Jefferson. "Your last name is Rose?" He asked laughing as he readied his shield and sword against the assassins. Pickles of course had to ask "Gentleman perhaps we can resolves this peacefully?" He asked the people trying to kill him and his newly made friends.

11. Pheonix

Jefferson

"Your last name is Rose?" He asked laughing as he readied his shield and sword against the assassins. Pickles of course had to ask "Gentleman perhaps we can resolves this peacefully?"

"Yes! My last name is Rose!" Jefferson shouted irately at Pickles. "And, are you some kind of idiot or something? In Exbalia, or where ever the heck you said you come from, does everyone just dance around with flowers all day holding hands?" He made a pillar out of mud, flinging one of the assassins several hundred feet into the air. "You don't ask people who are attacking you if they want to resolve things peacefully! You regret killing them later, and ponder the moral dillemas in ethics class!"

12. cmshepard

cmshepard New Member

Her intuition told her that the men attacking the dragon and its unlikely companions were the attackers; she came out of her crouch and into the fray.

Most of the assassins had been dispatched by the dragon's breath and a few had been eliminated by by others. A few stragglers remained. She reached an arm out and suspended three clumped together effectively atop a wild geyser so they could be dealt with at someone's leisure - at present, this wasn't her battle. She was an outsider. More information was something necessary before she took the life of any other being.

Being out of harm's way for a moment, she allowed her geyser to shrink from a towering monolith to something of less immense height - if the two floating atop it managed to jump off, they would still surely be maimed by the fall and unable to do any damage.

Fair Dragoness, she reached out to the beautiful reptile with her thoughts. Then to everyone she could see, she sent delicate tendrils of thought, For why is this battle? I have stumbled into the unknown.

She had taken a knee to show her respect to everyone in the fray, but she had also drawn a thick shield of air around herself against any assailants. Her powers were well refined, though holding more than two elements was beyond her ability. When she used a second, the powers of her first waned. She also was not one to be caught off guard. Though she was equipped to handle battle, there were more strange beings than she had ever seen in one small area and this world still smelled unnatural. Her eyes lacked pupils and held only the deep blue torrents of the sea, but she still scanned the area for anything she had reason to fear. She found plenty but decided to let fate take its course.

13. Texan Gandhi

Texan Gandhi New Member

Tulbuk, the Mountain of the North

"You don't ask people who are attacking you if they want to resolve things peacefully! You regret killing them later, and ponder the moral dillemas in ethics class!"

Flower speaks truth, thought Tulbuk, looking out at the hooded men suddenly rushing forward to attack the strange, mismatched group. The motley group however, seemed to be quite aptly talented in dealing death. Tulbuk respected that. At the sound of a snap of a twig, Tulbuk turned around to see three hooded men behind him, two of them looking at the third, a broken twig under his black-booted foot.

These humans are humorous, thought Tulbuk, as he turned and stood tall, his head and shoulders snap through branches as he rose up to his full height of three meters. The hooded men paused, and then Tulbuk rushed forward, roaring at the top of his lungs as he lunged, bodyslamming one of the men under his mass as he reached out to grab the other two. He then rose from his prone position, his prizes both wriggling in his hands. I guess I can give my new, motley group a few presents, thought Tulbuk as he hurled each of them as hard as he could through the trees, their bodies crashing through twigs and branches before landing, hard, in the clearing. Good throw, need heavier people though. Stopped too much by branches, get cut too easy.

Tulbuk then turned to the hooded man he squished. The body still had some form to it. This world's bushes taste good, maybe it's assasins taste good.

And with a single, black clothed leg sticking out of his mouth, Tulbuk walked into the clearing to near the rest of his group. Assasins DO taste good.

For why is this battle? I have stumbled into the unknown, came into Tulbuk's head. Is that someone's voice? Are people...talking in my head?

Tulbuk looked across the battlefield and saw a new human, with some short of shield before her. Floating...talking in my head? Well, I guess I talk back. Tulbuk thought on what to say, and then realized what would best articulate his feelings toward mental communication.

TULBUK NO LIKE!!! GET OUT OF MY HEAD, HUMAN!!!!!!

14. Kingtype

Pickles looked at Jefferson with a bright smile. "Mister Jefferson, it is always important to try and resolve things with words before violence." Pickles wasn't killing the assassins. He was using his shield as a weapon as projectile. He whipped it at the head of the assassins. The force of his shield would be enough to knock any man out. But the most odd thing was his shield always came back look boomerang.

Pickles looked at the new girl who had just entered the battlefield. "Miss I don't think this a proper place for a flower." He said in a conerned tone. Pickles didn't like seeing women in battle. Don't get him wrong he knew there was plenty of women that were more then capable of crushing him in combat. But he had a good heart and didn't want to see women and children get hurt.

Pickles finally noticed Tulbulk. "Good day Mister troll. Have you come to assist in our battle. If so remember my comrades no need to kill just knockout." He stated happily as his massive arm whipped his shield at more assassins.

15. Love to Write

Taliza

"She is much more than a flower." Taliza said chuckling. The sound could be heard by the ears and the mind. "She is obviously a creature of magic. As I am..." The purple-scaled dragoness dipped her head to the kneeling newcomer. "I can also tell that you are of noble blood from your manners and the way you speak. Well met, mage. What is your name?"

16. Kingtype

Pickles looked at Taliza. "Every women is a flower Miss Taliza. Including you, It is my duty to protect people and creatures alike. I am a hero after all and as one I consider all women to be treated with certain level of admiration and respect." Pickles whipped his shield at another a assassin. "But yes I am curious as to what this maiden's name is." He stated cheerfully

17. cmshepard

cmshepard New Member

She rose with her eyebrows knitting together in frustration at her way of speech. She didn't know how to communicate with the troll any other way. Then, an idea sparked within her mind and she allowed her toes to once more touch the ground so she could walk to him.

I am sorry, she thought to him. She stooped before him and reached within herself to pull the earth's magic to her. In a moment she had a tiny shrub covered in small purple fruits in her hand and laid in front of the troll. She backed away a few steps after having let her air shield drop to grow him a berry bush. That is an alda berry bush from my world. They're quite tasty if you'd care to try it.

She smiled to him before turning her attentions to the dragoness and gently stepping over to her, bowing slightly.

Greetings, fair dragoness. I am Lily Vale. You are right, I am not of this world. Here I am known as a fae. My father is the king of Sprie and my mother the queen, but please do not let that sway you from me. I am simply the priestess in training in my world. She had been looking at the dragon, but her thoughts were extended to all, even the chivalrous human male.

She extended a small, dainty hand to the dragon and hoped it would be met with gentle talon.

18. Kingtype

Pickles looked at Lily as he kept fighting. "Wonderful name. It is nice to meet you Miss Lily. I don't often get to meat princesses. It is truly an honor." He stated happily as he dodge an attack from an assassin. For a man of his height and muscle Pickles moved rather fast. With that he finished the last of the assassins.

19. Love to Write

Taliza

Taliza pressed the top of her snout gently against Lily's hand, in completion of her world's form of greeting. She lingered but a second then raised her head blowing a puff of smoke in the air. "A fae. Such creatures went extinct on Galadoria long ago. I never had the pleasure of meeting one...until now."
    With greetings complete she turned her attention back to the doctor. "Where to now? Do you have a plan on how to fix the merging of our worlds?"

20. cmshepard

cmshepard New Member

On my world it is much the same with dragons, but their legends are revered. I am honored.

She smiled and brought the hand Taliza had touched to her heart, much was the way of her kind.

I think your world and mine view royalty much differently...? She paused, having not caught his name. She also glanced over her shoulder at the leg-chewing troll, hoping he would take her gift happily and peacefully.

I am still much confused about what has happened. I awoke in a cage and found my way here through a portal. Then I saw those men attacking this group. What might I do to help? How might we all get home?

She was now catching the nuances in the ramshackle bunch's scents - it seemed that few were from this world. She was still having difficulty ridding herself of the unnatural, deathly smell from the first room she found herself in.

21. Kingtype

Pickles gave it some thought. "Perhaps magic would be the most reliable thing to fix these problems and get home. Though I'm not a mage, magic seems to be able to cause great destruction and bring great salvation, in my world." He said waling up to Taliza and Lilly. Pickles was smiling happily. He wasn't nervous about the problems. Heroes always find a way to win, he was just happy everyone was okay. "Oh were are my manners. My name is Pickles, Miss Lilly." He said bowing.

22. cmshepard

cmshepard New Member

Magick does do a great deal of good, but those who wield the powers may use them for evil as well as for good. My ability is simply to use what exists - air, fire, water, and earth. Less so earth, I'm afraid. If it's there, as fire is with this planet's core, I may manipulate it. The geyser is only water that exists beneath the ground's surface. In a case such as this, as odd as it may be, balance will likely be key. Magick as well as brawn will be necessary.

Having held the assassins for far too long atop her plume, she let go of her hold over the element. The water as well as the men fell to the ground, the water further saturating the area and the attackers landing with a crunching squelch. They would be incapacitated for quite some time - she didn't investigate, but some key bones had been broken. One moaned before his hold on reality faltered then failed.

It is wonderful to make your acquaintance, Pickles. Please, though, it is only Lily. I'm afraid I'm unfamiliar with human appellations.

She sank onto a nearby stump, crossing her legs. This situation was not growing any better - they were all far from home and no one seemed to have any solutions readily available. Her mother would tell her to inhale the world's calm breath and to exhale her own worry. Usually, this strategy would work, but the only vapors this planet seemed to offer at the moment were chaotic, discordant. If only they could find a calm, safe place to think a solution could potentially come.

Already, she was feeling the moss react to her touch, the fae's distinct connection to nature calling all flora she came into contact with to react to her presence. The velvety green against her legs tickled, but felt her disharmony and quieted nearly as quickly as it had begun to grow.

23. Dagolas

Dagolas Banned

Hector looked at the faerie and Troll. "My name is Hector."
    He walked over to a dead assassin and opened his robes. He ripped out something. It was a dangling gold amulet, with an chimera on it. "We're in trouble. We must get on, the camp is not far. But these assassins... It is nearly impossible... No. COMPLETELY impossible for them to have passed our sentry. If they managed to infiltrate them, I fear the fort will be sieged. He walked down the road and finally arrived at a large castle surrounded by forest. A voice yelled from the tower:
    "Who goes there!"
    "It's just Hector."
    "Password?"
    "Destiny."
    With this the guard opened the doors.
    Inside the fort, many people bustled about. There were literally thousands of different kinds of people. On the right stood 5 men in military uniforms. Hector walked up to one of them. "Hello Sgt. Barrows!"

24. Pepper1

Pepper1 Active Member

A land far far away, in a time long forgotten.
    Midnight

Midnight kept as far away from the crowd as possible. She hated crowded places. Her huge inky black form earned her some space, whenever someone came too close she growled at them to keep them at bay. She extended her thoughts to Hector only. How much longer do we have to stay in this crowded place of dead rock and wood? She looked suspiciously at the new mind-reader and uttered a warning to her. Try to read my thoughts and i'll rip your head off. She usually was a peaceful creature but all the tension lately had her at her worst.

25. cmshepard

cmshepard New Member

Be calm, she-wolf. I cannot read thoughts, only send mine to you. Is there some way I might ease your tensions?

Lily was fine in combat, more than able to hold her own. What she did not do well with was outwardly violent beings. It was not the way of her people. She did not smile at the wolf, but she meant that she would do whatever possible to keep her calm. Disharmony between the adventurers would do well for none.

She gracefully rose off her stump and bowed slightly at Hector, bending only a little before she followed this man in white. She feared that only he knew how to be rid of this land, and here safety seemed to be an issue for them all. She didn't know how the magick of this place would effect their perspective auras, if at all. She sensed that the amulet he carried was their only salvation.

The castle finally loomed above her, larger than anything in her home land. Such structures were not erected by the fae; they made their homes in burrows or inside naturally hollow trees. She didn't attempt an entrance but stood to the side of the entryway waiting for the others. Many beings were inside, many more than anything she was comfortable with. She preferred to cross the threshold with the entire party rather than only with the man she'd just met.