Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gingerbiscuit

Gingerbiscuit New Member

Sharing Success?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Gingerbiscuit, Sep 15, 2010.

This may be something that already happens and if I'm inadvertently replicating something I apologise. But I wondered if people thought it was worth having a thread solely dedicated to sharing in success? In other words if you have a piece of work commissioned or published we have somewhere to share it.

This would give us somewhere to shout about the good times but would also, for those who are looking for a leg up it would give more visibility on who to approach for advice.

Just a thought.

2. Trilby

Trilby Contributor Contributor

I agree. We have the happy/unhappy threads, so why not a success thead.
    Reading about other peoples success sould help boost the confidence of other writers.
    I love your user name Gingerbiscuit - sounds like a race horse,
    get your riding breechers on I'm out to beat you to the post in getting that best seller out there.:D

3. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

No. Such a thread would be a magnet to spam. As it currently stands, the successes get posted and acknowledged in random places, as is best.

4. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

the 'lounge' is a good place to do that...

5. Auskar

Auskar New Member

Having run a forum and currently building a blog, I understand the reasoning against Spam. However, I would like to post about successes, too. I never thought of the lounge.

6. Ashleigh

Ashleigh Contributor Contributor

In the comfort of my stubborn little mind.
    What would make it a spam magnet? Are we talking about links here, or just spam-posting in general? Me no understandz.

However, I think it'd be a good idea. I know there's the happy thread, but if there were rules, it'd be quite good. Especially if people were getting novels published, or getting responses from agents and PH's; I think it'd be a good learning experience to look back on.

If there was, say, a rule against mindless chatting, then it could work. Also, if somebody gets multiple acceptances in a matter of two days, they could edit it into their last post rather than making 2 new posts about it.

It'd cut down on blog-spamming and threads dedicated to one member's recent publications, which do get made often. First time publishing deserves congrats, yeah, but after that we don't need brand new threads about it.

I dunno, I think it'd be nice.

7. Speedy

Speedy Contributor Contributor

Agrees with Ash.

Spam magnet? How about being more open minded.

P.S - I believe someone i know who was posting their success, was told to start using her blog and not the lounge!

8. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

As someone who has dealt with spam on a daily basis, I have seen spammers latching onto any excuse they can to promote products, including self-published books.

Sorry, but this is a firm point. You rarely see the spam, but it is relentless.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.