1. Ashleigh

Ashleigh Contributor Contributor

In the comfort of my stubborn little mind.

Wills and Kate Get Hitched ~ The Royal Wedding Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ashleigh, Apr 28, 2011.

[​IMG]

We all know what's happening tomorrow - Prince Wills and Kate are getting hitched! So this thread is dedicated to the happy couple, for us all to discuss the wedding and share our thoughts about the big day.

Personally, I'm really excited. I think they make a beautiful couple, and I can't wait to see that dress. ;)

Feel free to chip in with some right royal banter. In fact, I might just have to give an award to the best Gap-Yah inspired joke. (Look up "Gap Yah" on Youtube for some Oxbridge lolz)

1 person likes this.
  2. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

I'm happy for them - in so much as I'm happy for any couple I hear about getting married that I don't know personally. It's more a pleasant amusement than genuine joy.

3. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

I'm overjoyed for them. And it's got nothing to do with an extra bank holiday. Nothing at all ;)

4. LaGs

LaGs Banned

Please don't make me vomit

5. Agreen

Agreen Faceless Man Contributor

I keep trying to figure out what I should give a damn about this, and am met only with failure.

6. Speedy

Speedy Contributor Contributor

Eh, people need something like this to forget about the crap that goes on in normal day life. There is worse crap worth ignoring.

I'll probably give it a watch. Will put a smile on my face.

7. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

You are right there, Speedy. People do need something to like this to help them forget about all the bad going on. Here's hoping that for some, it does just that.

I won't be watching, why? I don't know Prince William, nor Kate, so I don't want to watch complete strangers get married as I feel a wedding is a private thing to be shared with loved ones, your friends and family. Not be used as a point of public display and to draw attention. Sorry, just my two cents worth.

Hope they have a great wedding though.

8. Ashleigh

I'm kind of enjoying everyone's disgust about the wedding. So many people in my family are getting all indignant about it - Why should we give them more attention they deserve, and on tax payer's money?!

Yaaaap yap yappetty. It's a friggin' royal wedding - you're witnessing some great history being made! Shuddup and enjoy it. It'll take our minds off bill paying and lack of employment. ;) Unless you're a total scrooge...

9. spklvr

spklvr Contributor Contributor

My mom and grandma have been excited about this for weeks, so I'm gonna be watching whether I want to or not. But they have somehow managed to get me excited about the dress though. Want to see :)

1 person likes this.
  10. Trilby

Trilby Contributor Contributor

They do make a lovely couple - I wish them all the best.

This time last week I was in London. Wish I was there this week. It must be a great with people camping out on the streets, almost carnival atmosphere - magical, contagious, I imagine.

11. Speedy

I refuse to watch all this media hype BS though. last 2 weeks, everything on TV is all royal this, royal that. Had my TV switched off or just watching NBA playoffs.

If the world governments keep sliding with the people over the next few generations, will be interesting to see where the royals path will lead..

12. Ashleigh

^Lmao, my favourite so far has been the "Now that's what I call a wedding!" album they're trying to flog on TV. Some of the worst songs ever, and not even remotely wedding related, let alone being anywhere near the same genre. It's not even clever manipulation...It's just desperate, lol.

I have also gone all *SQUEEE!* over the dress. It better be stunning...If she comes out in some frumpy thing with a huge hat I won't be happy!

13. Speedy

Yeah, the Dress.... Will be interesting i hope.

it's the media that makes people hate so much in my opinion. They overkill everything, until everything is just meh.

FY Media. ;)

14. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

my mother in law said the wedding stuffs been from 10am to 8pm... something like that anyways. Gotta love the media... is it really that bad with the coverage over there, Ashleigh? Sounds a bit over kill imo.

15. Ashleigh

I've heard they're filming from 8am...Just to see the crowds and people turning up. They don't even get married 'til 11am. :eek: Overkill? You bet.

16. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

Oh gosh, that's the part I'm most excited about. I'm happy for them, but honestly I don't get overly excited about all the media hype. However, the dress will be beautiful, and I really want to see it.

I'm DVR'ing CNN's coverage of the wedding. No way am I waking up at 4 AM for anyone's wedding, not even my own. ;)

17. Tessie

Tessie Contributor Contributor

Yeah, not going to drag myself out of bed at 4 in the morning, but I'm happy for them. He's the prince of England. Come on, where's your sense of history-in-the making? I think she'll probably look stunning too.

18. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

Hard luck Kate. All that effot snagging a prince, and you don't even get to be a princess.

*snigger* Duchess of Cambridge...

19. Dante Dases

Dante Dases Contributor Contributor

Am I detecting a fellow cynic?

Might switch it on while I have breakfast. Might stick on Sky Sports News instead. Call me soulless, I just have other things in my life that make me happier than two strangers getting married in an over-the-top lavish ceremony. If I'd met them and knew them I'd take an active interest, but I don't. (As an aside, I'm still waiting for two wedding invitations from mates).

20. Eunoia

Eunoia Contributor Contributor

Haha, when I saw this in the TV guide I was like 'what?! The wedding doesn't start that early!'

I think I'll watch it for the sake of it, even if I don't really care about. Not yet mind, I'm only going to watch the actual wedding, not all the lead up rubbish.

21. Lemex

I'm in the 'Don't care' camp too - for me there is a lot more important things going on in the world.

22. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

Are they already married? If my timing is accurate, it's 10:49 AM over there.

EDIT: Ah, just read the earlier posts. The wedding's probably happening...NOW!!

CONGRATS PRINCE WILLIAM AND KATE MIDDLETON!!!

Now I shall resume my daily schedule of coffee in the morning. Ciao!

23. Lemex

Yeah - it's started. I'm watching it ... and I've never felt more Marxist in my entire life.

24. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

I'm just excited because I get to follow the events of my favorite country as it happens! I'm not all that wild about the wedding.

Hmmm...Marxism...

TO GOOGLE!!

*dives into GoogleMobile and drives off*

25. Dante Dases

Dante Dases Contributor Contributor

'For richer, for poorer...'

I spat my tea out.