1. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher New Member

so, uh...college supplements...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by dreamcatcher, Dec 27, 2009.

so i am working on my supplement for Vassar College and chose the Yourspace option which means i can send in anything that represents me. For this, I am sending in a repertoire of my (best, i guess you coud say)poems. what kind of reaction do you think this will illicite from the people at admissions? Do you think it's too personal to send poems for college admissions?

2. thirdwind

thirdwind Member Contest Administrator Reviewer Contributor

I've never heard of a Yourspace option or anything like that, but I'll add my input anyways. I think colleges want essays (or something else of that sort) rather than creative writing. There could be an exception for the Creative Writing department. But if you have questions about it, it's always best to email someone at the school about it (a counselor or admissions adviser) and see what that person says. It would be a bummer if you get rejected from a school simply for not doing the right thing.

3. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher New Member

emailing someone from admissions would be a great thing to do actually, haha. thanks :)

4. marina

marina Contributor Contributor

It's called "Yourspace", so I imagine it's your space to choose whatever you think best represents you--in other words, personal stuff about you is just fine. As long as they're well-crafted poems, I'd send that. Good luck!