1. Kevin Quinley

Kevin Quinley New Member

"Printer paper w/ perforated edges that can be torn into 4x6 cards?"

Discussion in 'Writing Software and Hardware' started by Kevin Quinley, Sep 16, 2017.

I read with interest in this morning's Wall Street Journal an article on biographer Ron Chernow, who is about to come out with a epic biography of Ulysses Grant on October 10. It described his writing process stating, "Chernow . . . types up his research on the computer, so that he has it backed up, and then prints out individual entries on paper with perforated edges that he can tear into 4 x 6" cards."

Does anyone know where one could purchase such paper? I'm assuming that this is 8.5 x 11 type printer paper that can go into any printer but is perforated so that you could tear it into 4 x 6 cards.

I am a technical writer who produces expert reports for insurance litigation and this technique would be extremely useful for me. I have googled this type of paper but can't really quite find what I'm looking for. Would love to ask the author directly, but I'm sure he's so busy he would not have time for me.

Any thoughts or reactions on finding such a paper would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks!

Kevin Quinley
    , Chesterfield, Virginia

2. Laurin Kelly

Laurin Kelly Contributor Contributor

Maybe here? Looks like you can even design your own layout.

https://www.perforatedpaper.com/

3. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Avery makes such tearable paper and it seems they make it with several different sizes of end product that comes from the sheet. Look down a bit from the main item on this Office Depot listing and you'll see the different sizes.

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/916585/Avery-Laser-Post-Cards-4-x/

4. Kevin Quinley

Kevin Quinley New Member

Many thanks! That may be what the article described but I got the impression that it was on paper, not on card stock. I'm guessing that the Avery products at the end of the link are on card stock, not that that matters a great deal to me, although my guess is that paper would be less expensive than card stock. In any event, thank you very much for your reply!

Kevin

5. M Phillip

M Phillip Banned

Many, if not most, people call card stock 'paper' and use the two terms interchangeably. What you describe - paper index cards - probably doesn't exist. I've used the Avery perforated index cards and they are thinner stock than a "normal" index card. and are much thicker than 20# paper.