1. M Phillip

M Phillip Banned

Editing Software

Discussion in 'Writing Software and Hardware' started by M Phillip, Sep 30, 2017.

Before the scoffing starts let me say that I think using a person as an editor is better than using a set of algorithms, if for no other reason than it puts a fresh set of trained eyes on a manuscript.

StyleWriter, Prowriter, and others are out there and they find mistakes, make suggestions, and might be a good answer for the first few rounds.

Any comments of a general nature or specific comments on a particular package?

2. Damien Loveshaft

Damien Loveshaft Active Member

After a rough draft I run through Hemingway editor just to pick up anything egregious and tidy up. Doesn't replace a human editor though and hates complex sentences trying to make me use baby sentences at times. Great for the first round of proof reading though.

3. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

Grammarly is probably my favourite - Prowriter looked good but it gave lots of false positives