1. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Painfully Slow

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Leaka, Dec 1, 2011.

Is it me or is WF moving painfully slow? And I don't have any other problems on any other site. They load pretty fast.

2. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

It's behaving alright for me. What browser are you using? And is it a constant slow loading speed, or does it depend on the time of day?

3. Trish

Trish Damned if I do and damned if I don't Contributor

Yeah, it has it's moments. I also have multiple times a day where I (still!) get error messages or it just fails to load completely. I don't have any trouble with any other sites and I didn't have any trouble here previously (before the upgrade). I'm not that thrilled with the 'upgrade' performance wise. The new server seems to .... well... suck.

I'm using IE (yeah, I know.) but I like IE so I'm keeping it.

4. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

I'm using Opera and clear my cookies...actually I don't have cookies enabled at all and I clear my history. It seems to be on and off. Sometimes it misbehaves and gives me errors, sometimes it loads real quick like the rest of my websites, and other times it loads slow.

5. Faust

Faust Active Member

How many tabs or other connections do you have running at the same time?

It might also just be bad timing; you could be accessing WF when it's at it's peak, I notice it works better early in the morning for my timezone, near afternoon it gets a little sluggish, but is just fine again at late night.

6. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

I just have WF open. Nothing else.

Really, cause when I made this thread it was like real late in the evening at 3am in the morning, not much was going on. And it was just being rude.

7. phillip

phillip New Member

I can agree with this issue, i also tried accessing it from my phone took about 2-3 minutes to load, and from pc its pretty much around 1-2 minutes

8. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Contributor

It is the site (slowness and error issues), not your browsers or OS, and it has been an ongoing issue since some kind of upgrade a couple months ago. Hopefully, things are still being refined.

9. LordKyleOfEarth

LordKyleOfEarth Contributor Contributor

Banzai, I'm rocking Opera (Version:11.52, Build: 1100, Platform: Linux, System: x86_64, 2.6.32-36-generic) and it's pretty slow here too. 5pm (CST). I doubt it's a load issue as there aren't that many people here right now: (There are currently 559 users online. 30 members and 529 guests). I just typed up a post, submitted it, and the damn thing was gone. No error, no woops, just gone.

*EDIT*
    2 mins later it's sort of shown up. It appears on the site index, but not in the actual thread? However that works.

10. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Contributor

2.6.39 kernel here. What distro you using? I like Opera quite a bit.

And yeah, it isn't anyone's machine. The site has been running like this for some time now, with a definite improvement from its worst condition but still with plenty of problems.

11. Tesoro

Tesoro Contributor Contributor

The last 3-4 days it has been incredibly slow for me too. Usually all it displays is a white screen and I have to try again and again to reload the page, usually about 3 times. I don't want to avoid logging in for this reason, but ultimately I have.

12. Devrokon

Devrokon New Member

Mine is going about the regular-- enough to post quickly but also enough time to think about what I'm doing.

13. Mallory

Mallory Contributor Contributor

It's really slow all the time for me, too. No other sites, just WF. I use Google Chrome.