Procrastination Workshop

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Speedy, Mar 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xeno

Xeno Mad and Bitey Contributor

Does anyone have any advice on how to start? I keep sitting down knowing exactly what I want to write but I can't get it down.

2. Speedy

Speedy Contributor Contributor

You have to discover "that" place that gets you there.

For me an yellow is seems to "announce" somethin to people, which is a diriving force in actually doing it.

Everything is different i guess.

What goit you into writing before, any motivating/mood etc? You have ben a bit low lately (for certain reasons) maybe because of that, writing might be a bit harder (or could actually make you want to write, i dont know)

3. Shadow Dragon

Shadow Dragon Contributor Contributor

Ha, I'm in the same position. I know what I want to write, but for some reason it just doesn't want to come.

4. Speedy

Its acrewed up thing hey.

Until a few days ago it was really upsetting me. To the state that it was actually depressing me... I didn;t do any writing yeterday, but i actually felt okay about that.

*But will finish this chapter off in the next 3 days*

5. becca

becca Contributor Contributor

A good thing to do when you are gonna start writing, especially when you are having trouble but know the general idea. Take a piece of paper, or use your comp, and just write/type out what you know you want to happen, and then try to fill it. Sometimes it will jump-start your brain. :)

6. Speedy

HA. I do a checkpoint system, know 100% what i want, but my fingers just wont type it.

Stupid dicipline.

Anyway, im half way through the final scene of chapter one. Will be done of it tomorrow. Which means chaoter one and its stupid 22,000 words will be DONE!!!!

7. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

The theme of this thread is the reason I haven't been around in a couple of weeks. My addiction to the forum was becoming rather dire, and I hadn't written a thing, not one word of storyline, in months.

Needless to say, I've been quite productive as of late. I set myself some goals and made use of modules in my writing program to help to that end.

8. yellowm&M

yellowm&M Contributor Contributor

ok so I was doing great fpr 4 days but last night and friday I wrote nothing
    I'm not trying to make excuses, but thye reasonw as I was on a school orchestra trip, so I wasn't exactly thinking about that kind of thing
    but my question is, should I write 300 words tonight to sort of make up fpr the last two days, or should I just do my normal amount and get back to normal?

9. Speedy

Just stick with what you want to do. Don't force yourself to write. (overly so).

I didnt finish my chapter like i wanted. But i couldnt, i wasn't fot. But im not gonig to push myserlf, otjerwise i'll end up stopping.

10. Agreen

Agreen Faceless Man Contributor

My vacation ruined my writing schedule completely. Worse, I left off in the middle of a relatively difficult scene and so now I'm struggling to pick it up. This chapter should have been done a week ago. On the plus side I got to boo my best friend's favourite player on his home ice with a good 10,000 fellow fans of my favourite team, so it was worth falling behind a bit.

11. Neha

Neha Beyond Infinity. Contributor

I HAVE to finish revish revising by 9.

12. becca

I finished my outline, and am now making a list of necessary research. Plus, I started a complete rewrite of what I had, have 5 or 6 pages of new stuff. Would like to finish one chapter by the weekend. :) That is my new goal.

13. The Viendish One

The Viendish One New Member

I for one am opendiferously offended by this thread. :mad:

Procrastination is an art form unto itself! Unfortunately there shall always be the...productive people who can't realize this.

14. Xeno

Badum, tish! :D

15. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

I thought for a moment there that perhaps you spoke one of the Gaelic languages, Dan. :p:D

16. Xeno

Are ye mocking mah heritage, laddie? :D

17. Mercurial

Mercurial Contributor Contributor

And mine! :p

Edit: Also, I've never posted here before. My goal is to post my short story up here for review before the end of my Spring Break. I'm giving myself so much time because believe it or not, while I do spend a lot of time here, most of the time I'm running around / doing homework / doing work for my boss / cooking / cleaning while I multitask, so... I figure over Spring Break would be a good time to polish it up for the Review Room.

18. Shadow Dragon

Shadow Dragon Contributor Contributor

I admit that I procrastinated on stopping the procrastination... however when I wanted to get back into writing my damn computer got fried! The hard-drive is fine but it's power regulater (I forget the exact name for it) got destroyed. So for the time being I'm using my parents computer, but I can't use it whenever I want so writing on it isn't going to work. :(

19. Speedy

Well i edited 8 o the 42 pages in chapter one yesterday. Should double that at leats today....hope so anyway.

20. Speedy

took me a few extra days (editiing 42 pages can't be done in a day), but finally added the last scene for chapter one (which will actually be the final scene for the book, but who cares).

Just have to finish the last third of chapter two and three now (which is one scene seen from two different characters)

Im going to have to give myself 2 weeks for that i feel. (probably 5,000 words each).

Fingers crossed.

21. sweetchaos

sweetchaos New Member

I want to at least start writing the first scene of my new novel, if not complete it, by the end of this weekend. In order to do that, I actually have to finish the outline which is only a few more loose ends to tie up. Should be easy enough... :eek:

22. becca

I don't know that I will make my deadline. Depends on how much I get written today. *sigh* I did take a poem to the local news paper to see if they would print it though. :)

23. Lygo

Lygo New Member

JUST what I was looking for!

My goal is to have written at least five hundred words of my 2000-word essay on Auteur Theory by Sunday night. Not strictly writing-related as such, but if I get that out of the way, I can get back to the important task of crafting universes.

24. Speedy

Came up with an idea.

Cause im writing a wanna-be epic adventure. I needed a tool to help give my character an idea where to go and when.

Came up with an aswesome idea (not super original, but a sweet idea), and wrote a few pages on it.

I love kick-ass ideas that hit you when you dont expect it.

25. Neha

Neha Beyond Infinity. Contributor

ok, my immediate goal. Finish 9 chaps of history and 3 chaps of Civics by tommorow night.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.