1. AndyC

AndyC Member

A question about Microsoft Word

Discussion in 'Writing Software and Hardware' started by AndyC, Jul 2, 2014.

I was wondering if there was a way to "divide" a document on different sections. What I mean is, I would like to have different sections or "notes" divided on the same document. For example, having one for characters, another for settings, POV's, and so on, and to have them on the same .word file.
    I am doing so using different files for each "section", but I was wondering if there was a way to do this on a single file.

Is it possible?

This is probably a silly question, but I don't seem to find a way to do this.

2. A.M.P.

A.M.P. People Buy My Books for the Bio Photo Contributor

As far as I know, MSWord only has "sticky" notes you can add here and there. When you hover or click them (A yellow block next to a word) it pops up a small sticky like note with whatever was written for it. There might be a more sidebar kind of version but I'm not sure.

Personally, I know Scrivener has this sort of feature that others praise and even I find myself curious and even tempted to consider it.

3. Krishan

Krishan Active Member

I use Microsoft Word 2007. In that (and in later versions of MS Word) it is possible to divide a document into different sections using section breaks. You can add these to your document from under the "Page Layout" tab.

You can also add in bookmarks and hyperlinks from under the "Insert" tab. These should make it easier to move around your document.