1. Simon Says

Simon Says New Member

Progress Journal for my Dystopian novel

Discussion in 'Progress Journals' started by Simon Says, Jun 14, 2018.

I was guided to the sub forum by @BlitzGirl after I posted in a thread of mine called a Eureka moment. (about how I overcame a few plot issues while riding my bike - its far more clear in thread)

But to recap from that thread I'm leaving a steampunk novel for the moment and concentrating on a Dystopian novel idea I had that is yet unnamed.

I've got a significant (ending in a 0') birthday in late October and would like an 80,000 word first draft finished by then. So I've printed off a google calender for the next 4 months, put a cover on it saying writing diary and written the following on it. 620 words (4 pages) per day. Put running total in diary everyday.

Hopefully this will keep me on track and it will end up that long and not a long short story like normal...

Anyway why am I talking to you lot? I'm only 400 words for today...

BlitzGirl likes this.
  2. Simon Says

Simon Says New Member

First night writings finished and a bit ahead of target 972 words so 350 over.

I don't think the problem will be time but content. Will my story need 80, 000 to tell it?

I hope so got a few subplots and rex herrings in my head so fingers crossed

Keep writing folks...

3. Simon Says

Simon Says New Member

Slipped up a bit last night and couldn't get going. I wrote about a 100 hundred words and the deleted half of them.. Through a severe case of self doubt.

luckily I was over target on the first few days so only a couple of hundred words under my target... So trying to get my thoughts around where I went wrong last night and be able to over write tonight...

John-Wayne likes this.
  4. Simon Says

Simon Says New Member

Unfortunately not sticking to my schedule, work and family commitments (and perhaps a little football) are making it hard work to get my word quota in...

Going to make a real effort to get back on track over the next few days... Need that 80,000 word first draft done by late October

5. Simon Says

Simon Says New Member

Failing miserably with my self imposed quota. But I'm building a new motoring website and appointed my self 'Editor' and so a lot of my time is writing content for that project and the novel is getting a little neglected I'm afraid.