1. Elgaisma

Elgaisma Contributor Contributor

How to spell - kerr plick tion

Discussion in 'Word Mechanics' started by Elgaisma, Aug 26, 2010.

Does it matter lol? I know its a very colloquial term so much so I can't find it in a dictionary and I have never seen it written down before. However its my perfect word for something. The guy is having kerplixions.

2. Motley

Motley Active Member

The only thing I've ever heard that seems to come close is conniptions. Or a conniption fit.

Never heard of kerplixions before. Where does it come from?

3. Elgaisma

Not sure rightly the only people I have heard use it are from South to South West England plus myself because I just thought it was a fantastic word. Its not something I have heard used often, but it is just that perfect word in the context I have lol Maybe I can just make up the spelling.

4. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

That is fine if you use it in dialogue or character-based narration. I'd be a bit more hesitant to use in in anonymous narration. Best to define it through context rather than making someone explain it, though. That way it will feel more like local or family dialect rather than your character making up nonsense words.

5. Elgaisma

It will be obvious from the context what it means it just fits so nicely, because Angus is directly narrating the whole thing the entire book is thought or dialogue. Still not sure how to spell it lol Kerplixion is winning. It will be a variation on conniption but just seems a bit stronger somehow, the man is at the stage of practically head spinning in anger and frustration.