Prostitution

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Islander, Jan 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forkfoot

Forkfoot Caitlin's ex is a lying, abusive rapist. Contributor

Well, hopefully someone will start another topic in General Writing where we can all sit around agreeing with one another that it's a bad idea for new writers to experiment with unusual literary devices. Until then I rather enjoy the sharing of our various perspectives and opinions on this subject.

2 people like this.
  2. Elgaisma

Elgaisma Contributor Contributor

Actually I have found it very useful - have taken notes, never know when you might want to write a prostitute into your books. I think because of the origins of my society its very rare but hmm could imagine it being legal in one of my countries.

As a writer I find it important to absorb other points of view. I actually know a lady now in her 90s that was a prostitute and she is the kindest, sweetest most thoughtful human being. She has had the most horrible life but was treated far worse by her three husbands and nine children than I think she ever was by a client. When you live in the UK hearing about someone living in a hen house for four years with a violent husband with consumption is rare these days.

3. evelon

evelon Active Member

I wasn't meaning the men who use prostitutes, I was meaning the pimps that 'handle' them, supply a never-ending stream of drugs and make a very nice living.

4. Elgaisma

That I agree with I think the coercion rather than prostitution should be illegal - if someone else is forcing that person to have sex (not just enabling, supporting, employing etc) where there is fear and violence involved I think that should be classed as rape. Not the client charged but the person behind it.

5. Forkfoot

Forkfoot Caitlin's ex is a lying, abusive rapist. Contributor

Oh I see. Yeah, that stuff's pretty awful. It was easy to identify with De Niro's Taxi Driver character for a reason.

6. Lavarian

Lavarian Contributor Contributor

Understood. It's just a little irritating watching people take the bait and seriously respond to a blatant trolling.
    Especially when it's so utterly transparent.

7. Elgaisma

oddly this post could become more troll like than any other on the thread.

8. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Ok, this conversation is done.

CLOSED

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.