Protection

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by chandler245, May 11, 2009.

Tags:
  1. LordKyleOfEarth

LordKyleOfEarth Contributor Contributor

I'm trying this from my phone, forgive me if it comes out odd.
    xeno, it was actually 3 shot guns, a can of pepper spray, and the golf club. The idea of killing a man bothers me, the guns were only there incase he had one too.

2. x_raichelle_x

x_raichelle_x New Member

Lord Kyle - I love how you completely didnt mention anything about your new fan club lol. Lovely AND modest. =P

xxx

3. The Freshmaker

The Freshmaker <insert obscure pop culture reference> Contributor

Yeah, dude, watch out. I'm sure a Lord Kyle fan club site will be popping up any day now.

4. Lavarian

Lavarian Contributor Contributor

*leaves to be the founder*

5. chandler245

chandler245 Banned

Well, I guess there is no extent as what a person would do for another, family or friends. Thank you all for the remarks, it has been helping a great deal with the research that I am doing, My lordklye... That was great that you were willing to go that far. Though the golf club on that guy wouldn't have left a dent. I saw the pics and I started to shake.

6. Neha

Neha Beyond Infinity. Contributor

Lavarian-you're a guy......this one's ONLY for girls..:D

p.s. I love you too Kyle :p*jots down his number*

7. Lavarian

What, I can't have a man crush?

8. LordKyleOfEarth

LordKyleOfEarth Contributor Contributor

Thanks guys/gals!

I still don't believe it to be too great a deal. I assume that, if those resources were available, anyone would have done the same for family or friend. The guy had one prior arrest for the same thing, plus a wife and kid back home. The DA here ended up only pressing trespassing charges against him (minor wrist slap) I was never told why. I strongly dislike said DA now.

We were visited by the local district police chief and warned against vigilantism; he was understanding and apologetic for his department's lack of action (If they would have taken the prints in the first place, which they should have by their own department's policy, the case would have been a slam dunk conviction.). The guy is still on the streets, I presume stalking another person. The whole mess left me with a bit of distain for the police. :(

The entire time I was uncomfortable with the idea that I may have to shoot the guy. After I was unable to locate 12 ga rubber rounds for sale, and unable to find a person who could custom load rocksalt shells, I settled on bird shot which has a very low risk of killing the person, or damaging surrounding persons. I was very afraid that, if I had to shoot, I may hit someone else with the spread due to it being in the middle of a city.

For the record, I don't advise doing this unless you HAVE to. The lack of sleep (especially during school) sucks, and the stress is exhausting. In the end, however, you just do what you can to protect those you love.

9. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

You, sir, are a badass. :)

As far as being protective goes, I think how you react depends on what you're protecting from (unless you're me...). If it came down to protecting my siblings/fiance from anything, whether it be people talking s***, the threat of physical violence, or someone harming them emotionally, I would be ready to kick some ass and take some names. I'm a very nice person most of the time, but if you're out to hurt someone I care about, you'd better pray I don't find you. My fiance, on the other hand, is really laid back and tends to let stuff roll off his back, so unless someone really crossed a line or was threatening me with physical danger, he would probably leave me to defend myself. Of course, that could just be because he knows that I'm capable of doing so...

10. becca

becca Contributor Contributor

Lord Kyle, shooting in town is a major risk. Too bad you don't live closer to me, I know someone that could have set you up with some salt shot! Good alternative, bird shot, but as you pointed out, could get a bit messy in accuaracy, especially in a populated area. If you didn't hit him directly, then you ran the risk of causing person or propety damage. It's nice to know there are other people out there that know how to use guns and their brains at the same time. Good job!

I am also disgusted with your police forces lack of professionalism. If something would have happened to your sister, you could have taken the whole police force to court. But I thank God nothing happened to her. It's wonderful that she has such wonderful brothers that care about her so much, that they would protect her, when the authorities let her down. It can be a very scary experience for a woman, I am sure, to have a stalker.

I also understand your distaste for killing another human being. I can't ever imagining doing it. But most of us, weither we realize it or not, would do what we had to do, if it came down to our lives, and the lives of those we cared about. It's just so sad that there are such sick people in the world, that we have to even think about what we would do to protect those we love, if we had to.

11. chandler245

chandler245 Banned

All of this is great. I think when coming to have a family member or friend in danger you can go to any extream, which kyle shows a key example of. I knew a girl once, that a man was breaking into her house and she got a gun and shot him in the butt. bad shot, yes, but the part she said was werid is she didn't think twice when pulling the trigger.

12. Lavarian

"Hey, can I borrow a cup of sug-"
    *BOOM BOOM BOOM*

13. chandler245

chandler245 Banned

Sure borrow a cup of sugar, but knock first, don't kick down the screen to come in.
    * One boom in the butt*
    new meaning to pain in the butt.
    *Laughing so hard, rolling*

14. daturaonfire

daturaonfire New Member

I agree with previous posters that it depends much on the relationship. Generally it seems that guys are more willing to get physical for their girls--don't count the ladies out though. :-D In terms of parent-child relationships, there's an interesting dynamic. In my experience, fathers are more protective of their daughters than their sons, and vice versa--mothers more protective of sons. You see that a lot when their kids start dating. Dad will probably shrug when his son brings home a wild-child of a girlfriend; I think to him it's his boy being a boy. Mom is not going to be so thrilled.

15. chandler245

chandler245 Banned

That is very true, maybe it is in a boys nature to protect girls. Maybe it is in everybody nature to protect the ones we love. Here is and idea, do we feel that the only way to protect ourselves from pain, ect. is to protect the ones we love.