Tags:
  1. PurpleLotusRebirthMatrix

PurpleLotusRebirthMatrix Member

Psychedelic/Spiritual Experiences?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by PurpleLotusRebirthMatrix, Feb 17, 2017.

I took two hits of acid with a buddy a while ago, and I was laying on the floor looking straight up at the ceiling, and for a moment I, like, wasn't there for a second. I freaked out, but, excitedly so. I felt, or maybe, thought I felt that my consciousness had kinda faded into the background of the universe and experienced an infinite amount of time in a fleeting moment. I told my friend that it was Nirvana, kinda.

Have you guys experienced anything trippy like this, on or off drugs?

2. Homer Potvin

Homer Potvin A tombstone hand and a graveyard mind Staff Supporter Contributor

I fell out of a canoe drunk once... does that count?

3. SimpleReason

SimpleReason Member

In my opinion, it does.

4. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Contributor Contributor

Isn't that a canoe trip, rather than a drugs trip?

5. Bill Chester

Bill Chester Active Member

Yeah, I used to trip a lot when I was younger. Wish I could find some acid, but now I'm an old guy living in the country.

The very first thing I learned from tripping is that there is a mechanism in your brain that creates the flow of time. That feeling of living in eternity was frightening at first, but later it became the goal of tripping.

I wish you well on your journey if you plan to go on one. Do lots of writing and drawing. Play some music, sing.

And try to go tripping with a friend, if possible. Especially at first.

6. PurpleLotusRebirthMatrix

PurpleLotusRebirthMatrix Member

that depends, did it give you an epiphany?

7. Homer Potvin

Homer Potvin A tombstone hand and a graveyard mind Staff Supporter Contributor

Yeah, even in May the snow melt feeding the river is damn cold!

8. scrivenave

scrivenave New Member

I did LSD a couple times, it is by far my most favorite psychedelic! Everything is fresh, new and exciting again. Any music you hear sounds 50x better. Anything you look at or touch reminds me of the simple yet fascinating discoveries you make as a child. Everything is cool and wonderful. It absolutely can bring out a more creative side in you. I was never much into painting, making music, making collages, or writing stories and poems. It showed me that there is so much in life, so many ways to express yourself. The album "Voyage 34" by Porcupine Tree guided me through my first trip. I had Joe Rogan talking about the universe on his podcast in the background, with Voyage 34 playing, and watching planes landing and taking off. Lots going on that day, lol!