1. Lew

Lew Contributor Contributor

BookDaily.com Issues & Lessons Learned

Discussion in 'Marketing' started by Lew, Jun 26, 2017.

I had considerable difficulty updating both my profile and my books on the bookdaily.com site. Text character count would come out wrong, and when I hit the update button, information entered would either be lost, or the site would report an error. Going to their tech support usually resolved the problem by their manual intervention, but that is slow and extremely non-interactive. I have yet to have a two way conversation with an human being on bookdaily.com.

On a hunch, I found the source of my problem. Apparently there is some incompatibility between their site and my Mozilla browser. When I used MS Edge, I had no problem updating book fields that had stubbornly refused to respond to Mozilla.

However, I still rate their tech support as the worst I have ever seen, slow and non-interactive.

2. Lew

Lew Contributor Contributor

Update. Being an engineer, I like numbers, and came up a spreadsheet to track both total sales and daily sales rate, the latter smoothed over the past seven days. On the same graphic, I am overlaying both my boosted facebook posts and BookDaily pushes. And yes they are both generating sales, rather more for the FB boosts though neither yet paying for themselves. But I have enough peaks in daily sales after these events to conclude they do indeed work.