1. MissNovember

MissNovember Member

How do you paste manuscript pages into the body of an email?

Discussion in 'Traditional Publishing' started by MissNovember, Dec 6, 2021.

When contacting literary agents, can I paste my manuscript pages as a jpg into the body of an email? Because I have tried and tried again to paste pages of my manuscript in the body of an email and it always turns out wrong in formatting. So is there a step by step process for how this can be done with formatting being still in tact via gmail?

2. SapereAude

SapereAude Contributor Contributor

I would not even consider JPEGs. Those are graphic files, and they're huge. I would save the manuscript (or the pages you want to send) as a PDF and send that, not pasted in but as an attachment.

petra4 likes this.
  3. MissNovember

MissNovember Member

I'd love to but a lot of agents won't even accept attachments....So I don't know...what to do. :(

4. Seven Crowns

Seven Crowns Moderator Staff Supporter Contributor Contest Winner 2022

Every one of them I've ever dealt with wants either an RTF or a DOC file in Shunn format. I guess there have been a few who wanted it pasted into the email, but they really are the exception. 99.9% of the time you send an attachment.