1. SapereAude

SapereAude Contributor Contributor

Amazon KDP disappointment

Discussion in 'Print on Demand' started by SapereAude, Apr 17, 2022.

I published a 744-page book as a paperback through Amazon KDP almost a year ago. For those who may not know, Amazon only recently added the ability to publish hardcover books in addition to paperback and Kindle. So I started to set up my book for a hardcover edition.

No joy. After uploading the book body and the cover, it failed the pre-check, so I didn't even get to see a preview to see what was wrong. It took some sleuthing, but I finally stumbled across the factoid that Amazon has a page count limit of 550 pages for hardcover books. So I can't do the hardcover through Amazon.

For what it's worth, Barnes & Noble Press does not have such a low limit. I was able to do a hardcover edition through B&N, but it doesn't get nearly as much exposure as it would on Amazon. Disappointment!

2. Annihilation

Annihilation Active Member

Hi,

I know this is an old post but I’m having similar difficulties with Amazon KDP now. I am at the point where I upload my manuscript and upload the cover art but it’s not letting me upload neither of them. I paid a graphic designer on Fiverr Pro to make me a good quality artwork for my book but now it’s saying that it needs to be in a pdf format. Mine is in jpg. I was wondering, did you ever solve those issues of yours and could you possibly help me with mine?