0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dreams? I don't get dreams.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. John-Wayne

John-Wayne Madman Extradinor Contributor

Mundane Dreams

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by John-Wayne, Dec 6, 2017.

We all have dreams, some of the most craziest adventures, Garystew/Marysue dreams :p, times of exploration or even running from the occasional Zombie horde. But has anyone had those dreams that make you go... WTF, that was a dream. It was just mundane normal shit.

For instance, I had a dream that I was sitting at my table playing games as I complain about not writting, or just the other night, I had a dream that I woke up at 10:00 am and bitched about waking up so late.

So has anyone else had these Mundane dreams, and what happened within them.

Edit: Oh yeah, and my favorite Mundane Dreams, dreams where I am at work, working... though there is a bit of a Twilight Zone air to them usually. Like working in the dark, or the Pharmacy has slight alterations to it.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  2. orangefire

orangefire Active Member

Yep. That's the majority of my dreams actually. Just living my life until I wake up.

Only rarely do I get the dreams where I learn my subconscious is a better writer than I am.

John-Wayne likes this.
  3. John-Wayne

I know what you mean, I have dreams where i'm playing some cool game (at least the concept) or some pretty neat art, but it's attributed to someone else, and then when I wake up I realize it was a dream but forgot what I was playing (though I remember playing something cool)

orangefire likes this.
  4. izzybot

izzybot (unspecified) Contributor

Most of my dreams have that Twilight Zone vibe where almost everything is normal. I can't think of any that were completely indiscernible from real life, but they're definitely not all that one time a friend and I were fighting off hordes of robot zombie aliens.

John-Wayne likes this.
  5. orangefire

orangefire Active Member

Usually I end up as at actual character in the story, although sometimes switching between that and me playing a video game. About once per year I remember enough details to theoretically turn it into a story, though I usually have to fill in some details, like the ending.

John-Wayne likes this.
  6. John-Wayne

I once had a dream where I was someone in a celebration and when I looked at the crowd I could see myself watching the festivities. In another I was a person's delusion (though I was a nice delusions) but I have a dream journal where I write down the good ones I remember, I haven't done much with them. Can't remember if I had any dreams with my characters :p , though it's possible some elements ended up in my books.

7. John-Wayne

I have a few dreams like that as well, though mostly related to work where there is something off, like working in the dark (in a Pharmacy), or the Pharmacy is slightly different in some way, or there is a large line of customers in the drive-thru after we have closed. :p . One time my co-worker had a weird glazed look to her eyes and a blank smile on her face.

Though a few at home, but they usually turn spooky, such as some sort of possession or intruder in the house.

izzybot likes this.
  8. Homer Potvin

Homer Potvin A tombstone hand and a graveyard mind Staff Supporter Contributor

I still have monsters under the bed nightmares as I near 40... classic. And others where I'm screaming at my wife or mother... also classic. Probably some repressed shit there, but I'm fairly balanced and copacetic in real life, so I'm not worried. Or maybe I should be very worried.

9. orangefire

orangefire Active Member

I have that too. The weirdest, most subtle difference that I've noticed would probably be when I was eight or nine. I two pet gerbils at the time, with one cage on each side of my room. As usually I had quite a few mundane dreams, except I started to notice that the gerbil cages were reversed. Only change, not sure how I even noticed that, but I started to catch onto that happening in every dream in which I saw my room.

It stopped happening once I realized that gerbil cages being reversed meant I was in a dream and actually caught on that I was dreaming.

John-Wayne and izzybot like this.