1. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Pumpkin Tree

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Torana, May 23, 2007.

Today I decided that I was going to make a sculpture out of clay. Just one of the many things that I do to pass time away.

Well whilst I was getting out all of the neccessary equipment and setting up a basic frame for my sculpture with wire, my son who is 3 years old decided he was going to work the clay for me, which I thought was great.

After a bit I decided time for a drink and when I came back he had formed a shape out of my frame, turning it into a tree shape almost.

So me and my son sat down together and built up the frame with alfoil and then started putting on the clay.

The really shocking thing is that before we even began applying the clay my son starting calling it his Pumpkin Tree. It took him an hour, but he sat there and basically covered the whole frame with clay creating his Pumpkin Tree, and it does resemble a tree.

We haven't completed it yet, but I was just so amazed that my 3 year old son was getting right into making a sculpture with me and actually doing most of it with it resembling something.

It truely is amazing to see what young children are capable of, we never seem to give them enough credit for their achievements.

Sorry but I had to share this with everyone as I am just so proud of him. :D:D:D:D

Torana

2. Gannon

Gannon Contributor Contributor

And rightly so! Sounds very creative (and ultimately naughty!) your littl'un.

3. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

hehehe...... you don't know the half of it!!!

4. Alice in Wonderland

Alice in Wonderland New Member

Has he watched that cartoon film about the origins of halloween? That had a pumpkin tree in and that's the first thing I thought of when I read your post.

Well done to your son, btw. ^^

5. Torana

Thanks Gannon, he can be quite naughty at times lol as can all kids
    DOZ, don't tell them all the truth lol, he is an angel he is really he is lol
    Alice I thought that too when he first said it. But thanks.

6. Kit

Kit Contributor Contributor

Lol awww.... I love kids but i'm a bit young for my own yet :p

7. Frost

Frost Active Member

Naw how sweet!

Last sculpture I did was a missile with LIES v INNOCENCE carved into it, and a tomb stone on the top...

8. Kit

I've never actually tried sculpting anything... i'm too impatient for stuff like that. Well... that and I'm not exactly talented...

9. Torana

Frost if my 3 yr old made a sculpture like that one you did, I would be very very concerned lol and he would never be watching television again!!!

Kit sculpting is a lot of fun, you don't have to be good at it, heck I ain't good at it at all, but me and my son have a lot of fun with it...sure beats watching television anyways.

10. Kit

Lol... are you implying that there's something mentally wrong with Frost torana? :O Shame on you...

I'm just weird in general... I never watch that much TV to begin with. Live on my laptop.

11. Torana

I didn't say that lol :D:D

12. Kit

Lol :p