1. Cdn Writer

Cdn Writer Contributor Contributor

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America
    Currently Reading::
    TRYING (!!!) to read Eric Flint's "Ring of Fire" series.......it's soooo many books!!!!!

Question about author services

Discussion in 'Self-Publishing' started by Cdn Writer, Apr 26, 2022.

I was wondering if anyone in here used professional author services like:

www.ProofReadingServices.com

You can look at their website yourselves and decide. I personally feel the amount of services they offer really fits a need but their costs are scaring me a little - I get they're a business and they have to make a profit. I don't mind paying some money if it helps a book sell, I see it as an investment in the book. It's just when I look at everything......I want editing! I want literary translation! I want audiobook! I want it all!!!

Too bad my wallet doesn't stretch that far...

I just wanted to ask what other people thought.....

I know I asked about an edit in an earlier post and one of the more frequent contributors said it could be in the neighbourhood of $5,000 so the prices on their website seem to be in line with that for editing.

But......thoughts?

I'm hoping the expenses associated with the book can be written off. We'll see what the tax people say......

2. SapereAude

SapereAude Contributor Contributor

That was my comment, in one of your other threads. But I didn't say that editor's services could be "in the neighborhood" of $5,000 -- I said he starts at $5,000 ... and only goes up from there.