Question for folks down under

Discussion in 'Research' started by GingerCoffee, Mar 18, 2013.

1. lettuce head

lettuce head Active Member

Topic, smopic, while I use cream in my day to day coffee, I drink it barefooted out on the trail. I call it Cowboy Coffee. Just bring to boil, throw in some grounds, let it roll a few times, take off heat and pour a touch of cold water in to make the grounds drop. Just black, thank you.

I once took my coffee pot fifty miles through Glacier Park in Montana. On the last night a couple camped at our spot and talked about backpacking down under. It was such good conversation I broke out the coffee and brewed a pot so full of aroma that candy bars sprang from their pockets to be shared all around. We were up late that night. I dropped a hunk of Hershey Bar in my cup. Great fun.

2. Selbbin

Selbbin The Moderating Cat Staff Contributor Contest Winner 2023

I'm lazy and just use instant coffee and make a mixture of powders. Instant coffee, milk powder and sugar, add some boiling water and mix! Coffee lovers lament!

3. Mithrandir

Mithrandir New Member

In the general vicinity of the Atlantic Ocean
    When it comes to coffee, your sig is especially accurate.

1 person likes this.
  4. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

I have one heck of a Glacier Park story about a bear swimming in the lake we were canoeing in. It starts there and ends up in Waterton. Come to think of it, I should turn it into a short story. I think I will. Maybe this weekend, it'll be good practice for me.

5. Selbbin

Selbbin The Moderating Cat Staff Contributor Contest Winner 2023

To my eternal shame. :(

6. matwoolf

matwoolf Banned Contributor

You don't want to be saying 'if I recall correctly' too often eh? This toothpaste stuff is turning a bit of a drag though, how important can it be? Maybe

'Once her body was completely coated in the disgusting kangaroo creamer, I found two glazed cherries in the fridge, the half pineapple slice and rushed for the camera.'

or

the Melbourne traffic passed outside the window, sunlight bouncing from the Bang and Oluffson cappuccino machine as the coffee croupier expertly squirted the creamy fizz long the rims of the two cups. Sheila's eyes traced the fine lines of the craftsperson's apron, 'strewth quite a spunk' she thought, the foamy deliciousness fringing her hot lips' egc wip

7. GingerCoffee

:confused:

8. lettuce head

Id like to read it.

Waterton? It is the only town I've ever been in outside of the USA.

9. lettuce head

Hey, if instant is all I've got on the trail, fine with me. But brewing out in the middle of nowhere, well, it makes magic happen.

10. GingerCoffee

Waterton Lakes Nat'l Park is the Canadian half of Glacier.

11. lettuce head

Yes, I've been there. We packed in from the eastern side of Glacier, up through Goat Haunt, then caught an inland ferry up to Waterton for an overnight camp and to resupply. Then back down Waterton Lake, back on the westbound trial to the far end of Kintla Lake. It was on the eastern side of the lake I broke out the coffee pot. We reached our final camp at an isolated camp ground at the other end of Kintla Lake where steaks and potatoes awaited us. We had a friend waiting for us who surprised us with a feast. Great times.