1. Laure (could be)

Laure (could be) New Member

Paris or East of France, depends on the mood

Deficient grammar

Discussion in 'Word Mechanics' started by Laure (could be), Dec 3, 2013.

Hello everyone,

I was wondering about the proper use of the forum for me.
    The thing is... I'm a professional writer in my native langage. But I made a blog with short stories to practice my English.
    I try to keep my notes there interesting but they are clearly not literature masterpieces. There's not much storytelling, I's quite instinctive writing... usually partly-fictional anecdotes I find interesting by themselves but which would never make a proper story.

Anyway. I'm now at a stage where I'm more interested by grammatical advices than literary ones. They are not mutually exclusive, of course, It's always good to have reviews and I'd love to know how the readers react to my writing despite of the mistakes, but :
    1- I'm pretty aware that my grammar deficiences spoil my writting (An English friend told me that it showed I had some style, but that it was sometimes difficult to make the difference between langage impefections and voluntary literary devices).
    2- I'm not gonna post a text here, just asking people to correct my grammar :D

So the question is : should I post my texts here or in the workshop?
    (ie : "I'm not sure I'm good enough for the workshop)

Edit : the link to the blog is in my profile page, if that helps.

2. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

there are certain requirements that must be fulfilled before you can post material in the workshop section... check the site rules, do what they require and then go ahead and post bits of your material in the appropriate workshop section...

if you want an opinion before then, feel free to send me the link to your site and i'll be happy to take a look and give you a detailed assessment...

pedant ce temps, bienvenue!

love and welcoming hugs, maia
    maia3maia@hotmail.com

3. Laure (could be)

Laure (could be) New Member

Paris or East of France, depends on the mood
    Merci beaucoup !
    I'm sending you the link.