Tags:
  1. J.T. Woody

J.T. Woody Book Witch Contributor

How To Involve Others in your Research?

Discussion in 'Research' started by J.T. Woody, Nov 19, 2019.

(while this is not an active part of my WIPs, I do write on it every now and then)

A lot of events, characters, and situations are based off of my own experiences and people in my life, as well as people I have met.
    I want to interview these people. The thing is... I met them in a week long, group therapy type thing a few years ago. I am still in contact with them. I want to know a bit more about their experiences before and after the program.... I want to accurately represent their personal struggles.... but I am not quite sure how to ask or where to even begin.
    Should I wait until after the piece is written to then have them read it and offer input?
    Do I interview them as I write?

2. John12

John12 New Member

Hmm, Very difficult , you might be told to ‘Mind you’re own business’.

3. GlitterRain7

GlitterRain7 Galaxy Girl Contributor

If they know you're writing something about them, I don't see anything wrong with interviewing them as you write. But if you wait until you have it finished, it would probably be better in terms of them reading it, since no one will probably want to read the same thing twice without any major revisions.