Tags:
  1. badgerjelly

badgerjelly Contributor Contributor

A Request to all (the best of 2017)

Discussion in 'The Craft of Writing Poetry' started by badgerjelly, Jan 5, 2018.

This is not exactly the place to post this, but hope it'll will be allowed to slip by?

I am just curious to hear what poems stood out for you on this thread this year (be it your own poems or those of others.)

Hopefully someone will point out some I missed. I'm going to take a look this week and pick out a couple of my own I liked most and a couple from other people.

Thanks

2. PoemNerd212

PoemNerd212 Contributor Contributor

I think Laughing Magpies and Vertigo were some of the first poems that stood out to me when I first joined. I’d also have to say that even though From Sunset To Flies and Shovel are newer poems, I really liked them too

3. badgerjelly

badgerjelly Contributor Contributor

Have been having fun reading over the posts of last year ... I have to admit a certain amount of hubris though, because I spent most of my time looking at my own poems! haha!

Anyway, one that I had to look for again, and one that REALLY stuck out in my memory was by OurJud, titled My Father's Big Toe

https://www.writingforums.org/threads/my-fathers-big-toe.150998/

4. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

I did have to move this to the upper area tagged for poetry. One of the reasons we don't allow discussion threads in the Workshop answers to a purely technical concern. Posting in a discussion thread therein would get counted by the forum software as a "critique" and it's hard enough to keep tabs on that as regards the requirements in the forum.

Not mad at'cha, but I did have to move it. :whistle: :bigwink: