1. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

why can we no longer tell if we've posted in a thread already?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by mammamaia, May 3, 2012.

there used to be a little check mark or something next to the title of each thread we'd already posted in, so we didn't have to open every single one and check every single page to see if we had... now there isn't any way to know what threads we've contributed to and which we haven't...

how come?!?

imo, it's a VITAL 'extra' that needs to be restored asap...

i pm'd both daniel and banzai about it yesterday, but had no reply yet, so i'm hoping this may get to them sooner...

2. funkybassmannick

funkybassmannick New Member

The green circle with the checkmark just to the left of the replies/views column tells me that I've subscribed to a thread. Is that the one you mean, since you automatically subscribe to threads you post in? Anyway, I can still see it.

3. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Check your Settings. Under General Settings, Messaging and Notification, make sure the Default Thread Subscription Mode: is NOT set to Do not subscribe. Unless you want a load of email notifications, you probably want the Through my control panel only option.

The green check mark doesn't mean you have posted to the thread; it means you are subscribed to it (which usually is due to posting to the thread).

4. GaleSkies

GaleSkies Active Member

You can also subscribe to threads you haven't posted in. The subscribed threads that you have posted show your avatar in the corner of the original posters avatar visible from your subscriptions page.

5. The Tourist

The Tourist Banned

I see a little square box to the lower right hand corner of the OP's avatar if I've posted. It's a miniature of my avatar. Don't you guys see that?

6. funkybassmannick

funkybassmannick New Member

Now I do! It doesn't actually show my avatar, but it shows what a blank avatar would look like.

7. mammamaia

daniel told me about the teensy avatar added to the thread-starters, but mine doesn't show up on most of them, because it's dark and blends in... it also isn't there at all on some threads i've posted in, which is confusing as bleep... i didn't know about the 'subscribing' thing, but will try that to see if it cures the problem... the little check marks that we used to get on threads we'd posted in worked a lot better, so i don't know why we can't have that back...

thanks for the input, everybody!

love and hugs, m

8. Faust

Faust Active Member

You can also see by hovering over the avatar of the person who posted the thread. It will say something "You have x posts in this thread, last x {time} ago"

9. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

The new setup show the avatar of the thread creator replacing the old buttons, and your personal avatar should be in the bottom-right corner to indicate you've posted in the thread. I haven't noticed it personally, but apparently this isn't happening all the time. I'm going to look into the avatar not appearing to notify you of new posts, but I'd like to keep the avatar-thread-starter system. I'll also see if I can set it up to give you the option to switch between the new display and the old one.

10. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

If you prefer the old thread indicators instead of the avatars, you can disable the avatar thread display in your UserCP.

UserCP > My Account > General Settings > Thread Display Options > Disable Avatar Thread Display > Yes

11. mammamaia

thanks a gazillion, dan'l!... it worked... hugs, m

12. GaleSkies

GaleSkies Active Member

Awesome, I love options. I'll play with the new avatar version for a while longer and see if I like it. It is convenient for the avatars I recognize readily.