Tags:
  1. The Piper

The Piper Contributor Contributor

Quick Questions

Discussion in 'Publisher Discussion' started by The Piper, Jan 12, 2020.

Hi everyone,

I don't think this is worth a whole thread of its own, but I don't know exactly where to put it, so I'll ask my question and extend an invitation that, if anybody else has a question they feel doesn't perhaps need a thread all of its own, they can put it here? However if somebody needs to move this feel free.

My question is, if I'm listing previous experience in publishing in my cover/query letter, would I include a short film I'd written and directed? It's in the same genre as the book, etc etc, but it's an independent release so I'm not sure how well it counts as a credit in my name. Also not sure if it's entirely appropriate to refer to it in the same vein as self-published books, collections, etc.

Any thoughts?

As I say, feel free to pile on with questions of your own, even if you don't have an answer to this one, as I don't want to waste a thread!

Piper

2. SisterNight

SisterNight New Member

Hi Piper.
    As it's in the same vein as the book you're subbing, personally I would mention it.
    (BTW I'm in Norfolk too -- that's presuming it's the UK one?)

3. The Piper

The Piper Contributor Contributor

Fair enough, that's what I was thinking. I won't go into great detail, but it's still an example of writing - and hey! Small world haha.