1. Pinkymcfiddle

Pinkymcfiddle Banned

Quotas

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by Pinkymcfiddle, Jun 3, 2017.

Ok, I am incorporating a gay couple. This is something I find slightly difficult to write, because, while I have relationships with male mates that might be considered emotionally gay, they have never entered into the physical. So I take my normal argument with a close mate: -

"Can you please leave me alone!"

And I try to transpose that into a gay relationship, and I come up with: -

"Can you please get your cock out of my arse!"

I am hoping for some help to refine this, because it does not sound right.

Many thanks in advance.

2. Simpson17866

Simpson17866 Contributor Contributor

Can you imagine half of a straight couple trying to communicate "leave me alone" by describing it sexually :confused:

3. Pinkymcfiddle

Pinkymcfiddle Banned

Yes. You always seem to be the judge without jurisdiction.

4. BayView

BayView Huh. Interesting. Contributor

Are you responding to yourself in that post?

In terms of the OP - I'd just go with "Can you please leave me alone" or, if that seems too formal, "Fuck off and leave me alone," or "Give me five seconds of peace" or whatever.

In other words, I agree with @Simpson17866 - I don't see why a gay couple would automatically use a sexualized idiom. And possibly you realize this and it's why your draft dialogue doesn't sound right?

5. Pinkymcfiddle

Pinkymcfiddle Banned

Don't get me wrong, I often dislike my own internal monologue, and it is a subject for debate :)

But do you find any amusement in the sexualised idiom? All PC aside, is there not something slightly funny in that phrase amongst consenting adults?

6. Pinkymcfiddle

Pinkymcfiddle Banned

It's oke I heard the three/ or four or whatever words that matter, and the only three, stop counting! words that will ever matter. After all my effort; Bayview finally said "can you piss off". Never four finer words have I heard. Well, ladies and gentlemen, I will sleep on that.

7. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

Assuming you mean 'leave me alone' in a sexual sense - theres no reason that a gay couple would be much different to a straight couple... what does Mrs Pinky (assuming you have or have had female partners) say ? "Not tonight dear", "oh for fucks sake not now" , "I've got a headache" or whatever

Lifeline likes this.
  8. BayView

BayView Huh. Interesting. Contributor

Assuming the humour would work in either a straight or gay couple...

"Can you get please get your cock out of my pussy!" - I don't know, I wouldn't find that funny, no. It's... weird? Unnecessarily crude for no real effect?

Laurin Kelly and Simpson17866 like this.
  9. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

I mean... Is that a thing any people would say where you live as part of the lexicon of sarcastic things to say? If it is then, sure, green-light it. There are certain regionalisms native to your slice of the anglo pie of which I am aware, and know are used with some frequency, even if they aren't things we would say here in the states, unless one were affecting a "hey, I know British things" lean, as is wont to happen for a couple of weeks after the successful release of British films that make use of lower registers of speech, such as the recent T2 Trainspotting.

For example: Can't be arsed.

The structural provenance of that phrase is fascinating to me. In Spanish we have a phrase that has a similar spirit to it, no me sale del cojón, typically deployed with heavy emphasis and elongation of the last syllable of the word cojón. It has the same meaning as can't be arsed, but I would say has a rather heavier hit, and structurally replaces the mention of the rear quarter of one's nether regions with the front quarter. It can be deployed by men and women alike because in this usage, cojón is simply one's front bits. Anyone's. Regardless.

So, you know... there's that.

But, barring that, I have to agree with @BayView in that it feels rather.. overwrought? Like, how long have you been sitting on that one, waiting to use it, and why are you so angry as to put that much thought into it?

Pinkymcfiddle and Simpson17866 like this.
  10. Mumble Bee

Mumble Bee Keep writing. Contributor

If you're really set on shoehorning sexuality in there, i'd go with something like,

"Get your dick out of my face!"

11. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

as a Brit I can confirm that "get your cock out of my pussy/arse" is not part of our national lexicon (incidentally Brits say Fanny where Americans say Pussy... a fanny pack over here would be something completely different (we call them bumbags) )

Wreybies likes this.
  12. Homer Potvin

Homer Potvin A tombstone hand and a graveyard mind Staff Supporter Contributor

The fanny pack typically goes over the FUPA in the US too...

13. Laurin Kelly

Laurin Kelly Contributor Contributor

My husband and I can get extremely crude with each other, but I have to say I'd be thrown if he used that phrase. It sounds so cringey and awkward, and certainly not something that would our naturally during an argument.

Now, if you need to bring penises into it (totally understand, I'm a fan myself), I can admit to both of us using the phrase "Can you please get off my dick?" when one of us is picking at the other. Other favorites are "Can I get some space here, asshole?" and "Why are you all up in my grill?"

14. big soft moose

I'd be amazed if any man told his female lover 'get your cock out of my pussy' :D and no man in the history of the world is likely to have said 'get your pussy off my cock' ;)

15. ChickenFreak

ChickenFreak Contributor Contributor

I don't see what's wrong with "Can you please leave me alone!" Everything straight people say isn't metaphorically about straight sex. I see no reason why everything a gay character says should be metaphorically about gay sex.

Simpson17866 likes this.
  16. Pinkymcfiddle

Pinkymcfiddle Banned

Nor me, I was just messing about.