Quotes & Sayings you came up with.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Acidz, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Acidz

Acidz New Member

'Be open minded and write from within, everybody has a meaning to life.'

PS. HAHA people.... We as humans, can't live a day without comparing, challenging and screwing each other. (multi meanings :))

2. TerraIncognita

TerraIncognita Aggressively Nice Person Contributor

*headdesk*

Okay I thought of one of mine. It's nothing special but it carries deep meaning for me. "Art by it's nature is meaningful. Make art solely for the sake of making it."

I struggled with that for a long time. I felt like if my art didn't mean something to someone else it wasn't important.

3. Acidz

Acidz New Member

Had the same problem... I cracked myself so down... that I didn't even have motivation to wake in the morning... although I'm not fully recovered... I at least fool my self to be more motivated... or something like that... :p, anyway never be hard on yourself... "unless you deserve it..."

4. Snoopingaround

Snoopingaround Banned

"If you're willing to bleed, you can succeed."

I think I have made this one up, but has anyone else ever heard this phrase from somewhere else?

5. Clumsywordsmith

Clumsywordsmith Active Member

I have to agree in that quoting oneself is about as epic as taking a dump in a neighbour's front lawn before asking them to clean the mess up. Unwanted, unnecessary and just plain nasty.

Still, every once in a while I make even myself crack a smile. Though humour and the general pithiness of quotes always seems to vanish out of context.

"The toilet and the shower really are the ultimate breeding grounds for fresh ideas. If they'd let me stay there indefinitely, I could probably solve every last one of the world's problems before moving on to hypothesizing about the universe as a whole and still have time left in my life to shave."

6. slurpy_NinJa

slurpy_NinJa Member

This my friend is golden! HA HA!

Usually if I do something that amazes myself or anyone in close proximity I will shout out " Presto-Chotcho Baby!!" I only consider this next saying as a quote only because I can't seem to hang out with my friends without them saying it. "Random noob-tube away!"-I said this while playing Modern Warfare 2 with friends and randomly firing a grenade laucher across the map. Unfortunately I missed but the saying stuck.

7. Protar

Protar Active Member

One I just came up with (or rather expanded upon an old one.)

"There are no dragons, and isn't it just wonderful?"

8. mugen shiyo

mugen shiyo New Member

^ That picture of Rand is awesome. The one under your name.

9. psychotick

psychotick Contributor Contributor

Hi,

I put a couple in my Goodreads profile thing which I thought were funny:

"They say that maths is a language. So how do I order a pizza with extra cheese in maths?"

"If wishes were horses I'd need a very big stables."

"God does not play dice, bankers do!" (I decided on this as a truism when the credit crunch hit and I discovered my retirement savings scheme had been hit. The icing on the cake was when my scheme manager sent me a letter advising me of how proud they were of their record having lost only 1.9%. I live in fear of them ever being truly ecstatic.)

"I think I know where my life went wrong. For all the world's a stage and I'm a lousy actor!"

Cheers, Greg.

10. Prince_Genji

Prince_Genji New Member

"Being deliberately stupid is an awesome way to pass the time as long as you don't indulge too much"

"Those who restrict themselves to being entirely well behaved at all times are missing a great deal"

"To tell how to end fights satisfactorily you must be simulatanouesly able to run and scream at the same time"

"The only people who hate anything are those with little or no knowledge of the subject of their hatred"

"People who try to understand the reasons for even the reasonless are extremely wise"

"Losing all respect for yourself is healthy if handled correctly"

"Why are women attracted to blood sucking fiends and overly hairy smelly and violent werewolves but not to MEEEEEEE!?"

11. Acidz

Acidz New Member

Some really nice one's here :D lovit..

Here is some random stuff I wrote in the last few days...

Random Stuff & Random thoughts:

"This unhealthy feeling of the impure emotional thoughts reaping my mind in a conscious state, consume my life to an state where my mind body and soul feel so empty...does the emptiness have any intent to dominate my conscious state of living, the vivid but still UN-vivid lifeline?? do we live ??"

"This world's state is caused by the People that lie to Each."

"Don't consume that of which you can not die for." (This was weird, but true: My friend were talking to his girl Friend on the phone(texting) and he said that she said hi to me, and if I wanted to tell her something back and I thought yea tell her that... And he Replied, "Dude she won't understand that!" and I said sure yea, but do you ?... and he said "no", So the point is that I see the fact that his girl friend is using him, mindFking him... anyway that was random...)

"When I'm in the darkness, I see all the Light out there,
    and thinking what if this is bad, or even maybe what if this is good?"

"Live like children step 1 stop judging" (This ain't done but anyway)

"I can't say... really... Nothing I guess... Maybe the inner 'will' plead to belief that there is something worth saying but It will never reach the point, of actually saying it.... So i guess ill say this then... That nothing you do could help... with anything you could help..."

"The voice tempt me... Saying something random only by human kindness, a loss for nothingness to cause the mind, body and soul some kind of relaxing feeling to impure bounds against the will of your own only to say that; I think I'm tired...."

"I'm constructing a path of un-pure emotions for my own mind; to separate myself from the void of pain and suffering only to find myself in an everlasting worst case of the inevitable, you made me see the things i couldn't, but now that I see i wish to be blind, for my eyes hurt the pain i see is upon me, eating me from within leaving me empty with nothing to dis-pare, I feel this, this hunger inside me for the death i had in mind, thinking maybe I should continue my path to seek that of what I'd rather be, but it seems wrong for i have no hope left for those pro-founded from a hypo-critic way of living, those doing so separating truth, and honest truth, making truth seem like the Lie the snake would use to make you see the things upon that of honest truth, confusing my mind with needless thoughts i fear i reached the point of no return to find my self in a state where the bullet has left the mind only to find a hole."

12. Protar

Protar Active Member

" ^ That picture of Rand is awesome. The one under your name. "

@ Mugen Shiyo. Why thank you. I got it off TvTropes.

13. Snoopingaround

Snoopingaround Banned

Oh, I got a new one.

"Go balls to the wall, but do not allow your balls to hit the wall"

The first part is taken from the popular saying which means to go 100% or something like that. My modification, or addition to that saying makes it clear that although you should engage things to the highest degree and with maximum effort, also be vigilant against making mistakes or hurting yourself in the process.

14. Smythe

Smythe New Member

"Doing something stupid once is ignorance. Doing something stupid twice is idiocy. Doing it three times or more times is called science."

"Genius is medness with marketing"

15. yfc54

yfc54 New Member

"If you break both of your legs, don't come running to me"

16. Lightman

Lightman Active Member

"Quoting oneself: one of the few things worse than laughing at your own jokes."

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 PM ----------

"Quoting oneself: one of the few things worse than laughing at your own jokes."

17. Acidz

Acidz New Member

@ Lightman - "Quoting oneself: one of the few things worse than laughing at your own jokes."

Yes we know that by now... The purpose here, is to write something random, it's not about quoting yourself or wtf ever... Just write random stuff down, if it's a quote or saying or random thought, anything interesting will do great!

Thanks mate...

"Those staying with the constant negativity upon oneself make the world around them dull, for their own sake." - (me just now)

18. Dresden260

Dresden260 Corrupt Diplomat

Sitting by a Fountain, Watching the world go by.
    This quote comes from my story during an argument between a Necromancy Wizard and a Dwarf.

"We only exist to fill in the space left by another who has gone before us."

19. pk.

pk. Active Member

Wake me when cats no longer excrete or urinate, for I anticipate a shit so great, that my heart will fatally palpitate =)

20. Dresden260

Dresden260 Corrupt Diplomat

Sitting by a Fountain, Watching the world go by.
    "If Death pays you a visit, invite him in for dinner."