Tags:
  1. LaPetitePierrot

LaPetitePierrot New Member

Clock-tower?

Discussion in 'Research' started by LaPetitePierrot, Jul 6, 2010.

Hey guys. Umm, in my story, my main character's looking for a treasure hidden inside of a clock-tower protruding from a cathedral. Believe it or not, I've never been in either of those, and have trouble imagining the inside. Could someone possibly give me a few ideas or pointers on how to portray the feeling those places give? Thanks!

2. Tavares765

Tavares765 New Member

Well I've been to one and from what i could remember (mind you this was a very old cathedral) there was a wooden staircase that went up in a circular fashion so that you could see the ceiling from the bottom of the steps, next there were boards or rather wooden beams that crossed underneath the staircase to give it support. My father worked as a repairman in this cathedral and he told me that he would often see bats hanging on the support beams near the top of the tower. That's all i remember, i hope that helps :)

3. marina

marina Contributor Contributor

In the Hitchcock movie, Vertigo, there's a big scene involving a clock tower. You could watch that movie and imagine for yourself the feelings it would give you.

4. TerraIncognita

TerraIncognita Aggressively Nice Person Contributor

That movie was amazing. Definitely watch it.

5. madhoca

madhoca Contributor Contributor

You could try Googling the clock tower at Bruges, in Belgium. That's the most impressive old clock tower I've ever been up inside. But for a real feel of one, maybe you'll need to visit one yourself.