1. NigellaStory88

NigellaStory88 Member

Random sentence and impressions

Discussion in 'Word Mechanics' started by NigellaStory88, Jan 12, 2018 at 1:09 PM.

Ok very simply, what do you think may be going on here in this sentence: "Maureen, Emily and Emma all had their arms around each other grinning."

2. SethLoki

SethLoki Unemployed Autodidact Contributor

They were in a group huddle—confirming one last time their cunning plan. A plan that'd knock their opponents (figuratively) out of the park.

NigellaStory88 likes this.
  3. newjerseyrunner

newjerseyrunner Contributor Contributor

I imagine them position in something like a rugby scrum or a football huddle, planning something mischievous. I'm not sure why, but the names give me the impression of older women (like The Golden Girls.)

4. Cave Troll

Cave Troll Science are fun! :P Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    Just a group of friends hanging out on a bench, or walking around a familiar place
    that they would meet up at for a length of time, doing something that makes them
    happy.

Oh crap, are you writing the Tale of the Traveling Panties? :D

5. deadrats

deadrats Contributor Contributor

Luckily our writing is rarely based on one sentence. My impression is that I have know idea what's going on. I good guess, but I don't like to mix guessing games with writing. I would also rethink naming one character Emily and one Emma. They're probably a little to similar to be your best option.

6. DeeDee

DeeDee New Member

Their arms are grinning? :D Apart from that, "they had their arms around each other" would make me imagine them in a circle, huddled together like players do in some sports.

7. Alastair Woodcock

Alastair Woodcock New Member

It's VE Day in May 1945 and the three girls, all in their early 20s are in the centre of Piccadilly Circus to celebrate with thousands of other happy Londoners.