1. Duchess-Yukine-Suoh

Duchess-Yukine-Suoh Girl #21 Contributor

Scary.....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Duchess-Yukine-Suoh, Sep 29, 2013.

I'm so scared. my moms breaking up with her fiancee and he's yelling and screaming. I'm so scared. I'm fearing for everything.

cydney likes this.
  2. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

Can you call anyone? A neighbor? Relative? Friend with parents who you might talk to?

Call the cops if any blows fly.

3. Duchess-Yukine-Suoh

I don't have my cell phone on me and I can't go downstairs (they're down there). My mom has the home phone though. I will try to get ahold of the other home phone. Thank you.

I hate my life. Why does it have to be such a fucking soap opera?

4. thirdwind

thirdwind Member Contest Administrator Reviewer Contributor

If things get really bad, can you stay at a friend's or relative's house?

5. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Isn't there any real-real person you could call for help? :/ Like, Dad?
    I can't tase a potentially violent motherf*cker from across the pond, sorry :(

That sucks, Dutchess. Hang tough.

6. Duchess-Yukine-Suoh

Thank you guys. I'm up in the "office" where we keep the computer, but I can lock myself in the bathroom if I need to. Dad could help me, and I suppose we could stay at my gramma's if we needed to, but I'd have to skip school (she lives an hour away). We might not be able to stay there though, he knows where she live. Dad might actually let me and Mom stay with him if we really, really needed to. Not like we can get out if we had to, he's standing there.

Not the first time I've been scared I might die because of this bastard.

7. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

I must agree with Ginger on this. Yes, emotions run high in situations like this, but if there is a threat of violence, by all means get the authorities involved. From what you are describing, including the fear you are feeling, there is such a threat.

8. Duchess-Yukine-Suoh

He did shut up, but he didn't leave. He's just sitting there watching TV, sitting there, like nothing at all happened. Mom's crying because she can't get him to leave without physical force. She's trying to get housework done, and I'm studying for my math test and talking to you guys.

I do have access to the phone now, so I can call the cops should anything happen.

9. 123456789

123456789 Contributor Contributor

Not to be insensitive, but it bothers me that a 13 year old girl (if that's your real age) needs this sort of support from a bunch of strangers on an internet forum. Sounds like the perfect target for a predator.

To the OP, I hope the situation is not as bad as you make it out to be, and if it is, hopefully it gets resolved. Trust me, though. You need to have someone better to turn to in these sort of situations than WF. I'm glad you found a sense of community here, but at your young age, you need more. A teacher, the parent of a friend, a relative, someone real and physical, and who would be able to help you immediately in these sort of situations. Being this reliant on the net is a bad idea.

Andrae Smith likes this.
  10. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

This actually seems quite common on the web nowadays...

11. Cogito

Can you talk to your mom without him listening in? If so, tell her you're scared. Discuss having her call the police to get him out of there, at least until you can both feel safe with him in the house.

I'm assuming the house is in her name, not his.

Also, look into domestic violence shelters in your area. In addition to shelter, they also provide advice and support.

Andrae Smith likes this.
  12. GingerCoffee

@123456789 Every forum community does not draw predators seeking 13 yr olds. And no one here has offered to go to this girl's house. I understand your desire to warn any 13 yr old about Net Preds, and there's nothing wrong with that.

But forum communities are bastions of social support and connections for a lot of people. We are real people. We could pass the Turin Test. I would hope people who need to would feel comfortable reaching out for support from this community.

13. Lewdog

Lewdog Come ova here and give me kisses! Supporter Contributor

While I hope everything goes ok, it is not a good idea for a 13 year old girl to advertise she is in a bad situation and that she needs to make money real fast. We live in a world full of bad people. This is definitely a situation best shared with someone like a family member, clergy member, school counselor, etc.

Andrae Smith and jazzabel like this.
  14. thirdwind

thirdwind Member Contest Administrator Reviewer Contributor

Agreed. Even if the posters here have good intentions, keep in mind that non-registered guests can see most of the posts in this forum.

15. GingerCoffee

Just so my post is clear, I agree with the warning, and the specifics about money and age comments in posts. But I wanted to clarify there is legitimate support here as well.

16. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

This sounds like a truly awful situation. My deepest sympathy goes out to you, Duchess Suoh.

If he refuses to leave the house can't you call the police or something?

17. Gallowglass

Gallowglass Contributor Contributor

If the house is in her name and he's refusing to leave there's sufficient grounds to call the cops. If not, go to a friend, relative, shelter, or B&B. These situations are pretty unpredictable and it's best to get out the house, if at all possible. Don't worry about school, that's the least of your priorities.

18. Duchess-Yukine-Suoh

Thank you guys all so very much. He did leave, but the problem is that he will come back in a few days acting as if nothing happened. I'm safe though. And thanks for all the support again.

19. Gallowglass

Gallowglass Contributor Contributor

Has she successfully managed to leave him?

20. erebh

erebh Banned Contributor

Call your dad or if he's not contactable for whatever reason call your grandparents, tell him/them what's going on.

I'm glad you have people here who care but physically we can't help you.

What's the worst that happen if you call the cops? They'll keep you safe - that's the worst. Don't be afraid to call them, you won't get into trouble. If your mom is too afraid of this guy and no one else knows what he is like then it falls to you.

I think the first thing you should do is find a quiet spot and call http://www.childhelp.org/ 1800 422 4453 - I think it's a freephone number- they offer help anonymously to children in your situation. I worked as a volunteer for a similar facility in Ireland called Childline and I can assure you they are well trained in your scenario and nothing will phase them. You can open up and tell them everything and they will not interfere, nor ask for your name or any personal details. Tell them your name is Duchess if you like and they will not question it. They will listen and take you seriously and help you find your own way out of this. Check out their website and decide if you want to speak with them but I think it would be a good move if you do. Find out the name of the person you speak to and you can call back and ask for them anytime. They are also on facebook https://www.facebook.com/childhelp?fref=ts and twitter etc

If he is abusive, physically or mentally to you, do not hesitate to call the cops.

Remember this is not your fault - you are an innocent in this - do not feel blame even if he does throw your name into his arguments.

I hope you're okay Your Highness and will say a little prayer for you :)

21. erebh

erebh Banned Contributor

Hey Duchess, while things are quiet why don't you write about how you feel? Maybe you can leave it out for your mom to find if you think it's a difficult situation to talk about. The worst that can happen is you'll have a new character for your stories :)

Andrae Smith likes this.
  22. Duchess-Yukine-Suoh

Gallowglass: Yes, she did.

@erebh: Thank you! My mom's honestly not that afraid of him, which is nice, because we can talk about it and she would call the cops if anything actually happened. Thank you again. And you called me by Your Highness again! (I'll never get over that, ahaha.)

23. erebh

erebh Banned Contributor

glad to see you're feeling better, Your Highness :)

24. Trish

Trish Damned if I do and damned if I don't Contributor

Glad you're good, Duchess. Take care of you, hon. :)

25. Cogito

Suggestion for your mom: Change the locks!

Andrae Smith likes this.