1. frostedfields

frostedfields Member

(Re)introduction...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by frostedfields, Aug 22, 2017.

Greetings earthlings,

I want to (re)introduce myself! I was on here a number of years ago - wrote a few short stories for competition - but school really stalled my inspriation (like, dead). Now I'm out of school with a master, got married, and thanks to the hubby's creative writing hobby, I am feeling the urge to write again! I was very happy to see this place still going like it always was :love:

I resurrected an old novella of mine that he liked a lot and that I always wanted to reinvigorate. Moved the plot forward, retooling it, and though it is hard at times the wheels are moving :D I like to write science fiction, mainly.... I guess it might be in the speculative fiction/science fiction/science fantasy/space fantasy overlap zone. I did have an idea for a fantasy story but those are really popular in my writing cirlces and I enjoy being the more unique one, so I let it drop.

I'm using FreeMind as my planning program.... I poked around Scrivener a bit but found it a bit too linear for my tastes (I am an INFP and I like big webs of information). I use either Google Docs or MS Word for writing.

I am working on my biggest weakness: writing convincing conflict. I build these well-developed characters but have trouble putting them in difficult positions that move the plot forward. I feel like my stories are boring and I'm working to improve that!

Anyways, nice to see you all again!

Frosty

Fernando.C likes this.
  2. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    GIR Waving.gif

3. Trish

Trish Damned if I do and damned if I don't Contributor

Welcome back, Frosty. :superhello:

Congratulations, and I'm glad to hear you've got some inspiration back. :D

4. Moon

Moon Contributor Contributor

Welcome back, Frosty (I want a milkshake now...)

[​IMG]

Happy writing.

Trish likes this.
  5. Fernando.C

Fernando.C Contributor Contributor

Welcome back @frostedfields, glad to see you've found your passion to write again. Good Luck! :D