1. ven lanyon

ven lanyon New Member

Reclaiming the crone, Romance ebooks, songwriting...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ven lanyon, May 28, 2017.

Hi everyone - another new member here. Just getting started on the Amazon self-publishing thing, putting some actual real effort into songwriting again, and trying to build far too many blogs all at once.

I've reached the finals and top three in a couple of literary contests and published one print short romance - but that was all years ago. Time to make it happen again, and this time, make it make money! In the meantime, I write celebrity news for an online outlet because, why not? :)

Ven

2. BayView

BayView Huh. Interesting. Contributor

Sounds like you've got some good diversity going on!

And I'm curious about the "celebrity news" thing - do you get your information from press releases, or re-write stories from the AP or TMZ or wherever, or... how do you get your information?

3. ven lanyon

ven lanyon New Member

Hi - so sorry for the long delay in replying. I joined at a time when life was becoming chaotic and quite a few things got sidelined. Hoping I'm back now!

The celeb news I write is for an aggregator, so we pull info from other sources and try to take a fresh slant for our own articles. Now and then we accept an assignment for things like an upcoming release, and in that case, would usually interview the relevant PR person as well.

4. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    GIR Waving.gif

ven lanyon likes this.