1. Teladan

Teladan Contributor Contributor

Critique Exchange Reader for 6.5k Fantasy story (Swap)

Discussion in 'Collaboration' started by Teladan, May 15, 2021.

Posted a relatively long short story recently on the workshop, but I think I can see it probably won't get any responses the way I've included it all in one part, against my better judgement and prior reasoning. The story is about two older men living in isolation in a country home in Devon. Strange and potentially magical objects are involved. If you like Shirley Jackson with a little bit more fantasy, it may be of interest. It's also modelled on the Blackwood story The Man Whom the Trees Loved and there's quite a significant relationship element. The story, in two words, is about imagination and otherness.

As an incentive, would anyone be willing to do a swap? You can either email me or just PM.

Thank you.

Det Del Dragons likes this.
  2. Teladan

Seems like no one's biting here or in the workshop. Really want to progress on this story and there's no point sending out to publishers with no one having read it. Honestly, I don't know where else to turn if not WF.org. I admit I rely solely on this site, but that's because pretty much all other critique forums and systems are rubbish and obscure. Reddit is popular and yet almost no one responds. There's 1.8m members on /r/writing and yet responses are almost non-existent. That and the fact posting there probably gives away rights...

3. GraceLikePain

GraceLikePain Senior Member

I'm into it. I could use a swap. Since my story is longer than yours, I'll just send you the first bit of mine and you can see if you want to read more. PM me your email.

Last edited: May 16, 2021
    Teladan likes this.
  4. Teladan

Sure, will do! Thanks.